SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Re: Don't like this at all
Reply #16 - 05/01/15 at 02:48:43

Art Webb wrote on 04/30/15 at 21:45:01:
or...you could buy and lovingly maintain a classic vehicle  Smiley

I like this idea.

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 05/01/15 at 08:47:05

Which I also agree with. I have a 87 model F150, and the ethanol has been hard on it. What they can't ruin they can legislate out of existence.
What's coming is coming. Until there is a change of direction for the country,
You and I may be able to push it back For US, but, eventually, what is for the masses is for US,too. Lightbulbs, toilets, showers, someone else is deciding for me.. for my own good,of course.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #18 - 05/01/15 at 10:40:12

Ethanol can be removed from gas, if you want to go through all the trouble of doing it
http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14679
My old 76 Chevy had no problem with the stuff, but man did it drink gas

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #19 - 05/02/15 at 09:02:41

If we all start building our own vehicles, it won't be long before the politicians and car makers get together and make the home-builts have to meet all federal safety and environmental standards.

We all need at least one engine that is either a completely mechanical compression ignition engine or no electronics with points for when the EMP comes. We'll still be able to get around.

I submit an alternate proposal.  All computer code must be openly available. Not just the first rev. all revisions that made it into production at the time of sale of the first unit containing it. All processors in any vehicle shall have an easily accessible data connection for the OWNER, no quotes, of said processor to be able to read and change any item deemed necessary. The OWNER, no quotes, shall have complete and total access to and control of any and all functions manipulated electronically. The manufacturer of said unit shall provide, in several currently prevalent operating systems, interfacing software, with the vehicle, allowing this access and control. The data connector(s) shall be of currently prevalent design at time of manufacture, as usb is now.  There shall be no special connectors or required special cables.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #20 - 05/03/15 at 10:07:03

you'll never get that passed, i gaurantee
so far as building our own, who brought that up? i was talking about buying old cars
trust me, enough Sheeple will buy the electronic nannys that we'll be allowed to keep our classics

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 05/04/15 at 01:04:52

oldNslow wrote on 04/21/15 at 11:36:32:
"ALL YOUR AUTOMOBILES ARE NOW BELONG TO US"

Big corporations hand in hand with big overreaching governments = Fascism

Benito would be so proud !

Please mind your own McCarthy business... you may have mistaken Stalin, Mao or PolPot with an otherwise comparatively very liberal dictator...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #22 - 05/04/15 at 05:17:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/01/15 at 08:47:05:
Which I also agree with. I have a 87 model F150, and the ethanol has been hard on it. What they can't ruin they can legislate out of existence.

For a while I felt that the EPA and others should allow a way for us to purchased ethanol free fuel for our older equipment.  So many of us have older equipment that works just fine (as long as it is not stored with ethanol fuel in the tank)....and that is especially true of the small farmer who is still running their old gasoline tractors.  How many small farmers are still running the Ford 8N tractors for raking hay?.....lots of them.  And this seasonal equipment often sits for extended periods of time and the ethanol fuel has been really hard on the old carburetor equipped equipment.

I finally came to the conclusion that the legislators goal is to remove all this old equipment from the workforce.......they want us using new equipment that is more environmentally friendly.  They really could care less about the "bottom feeders"....the ones who are just barely getting by.

« Last Edit: 05/04/15 at 09:28:29 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #23 - 05/04/15 at 09:19:22

Dave wrote on 05/04/15 at 05:17:48:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/01/15 at 08:47:05:

For a while I felt that the EPA and others should allow a way for us to purchased ethanol free fuel for our older equipment.  So many of us have older equipment that works just fine (as long as it is not stored with ethanol fuel in the tank)....and that is especially true of the small farmer who is still running their old gasoline tractors.  How many small farmers are still running the Ford 8N tractors for raking hay?.....lots of them.  And this seasonal equipment often sits for extended periods of time and the ethanol fuel has been really hard on the old carburetor equipped equipment.

I finally came to the conclusion that the legislators goal is to remove all this old equipment from the workforce.......they want us using new equipment that is more environmentally friendly.  They really could care less about the "bottom feeders"....the ones who are just barely getting by.

//agreed

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #24 - 05/04/15 at 09:44:02

I reached that conclusion long ago

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 05/04/15 at 10:00:56

I had a grampa who was a farmer. I WATCHED, every summer, when I went to visit, more neighbours who had sold out to some conglomerate. The big farmers are making tons from subsidies, the food supply is being brought under more and more centralized control, fewer farmers, easier to control.
I overheard a farmers wife bragging, I was torn between puking, listening to learn, screaming or chewing her out.
She's convinced that it's OKAY to pocket money sent to her by the government after it was taken from the rest of the people by fraud. And she was looking forward to more.

The GOAL is tyranny, and they are winning.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 13:17:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Don't like this at all

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.