Send Topic Print
Oil filter question (Read 49 times)
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Oil filter question
04/19/15 at 10:22:00

Hiya. I just changed my oil and my filter didnt look too bad but i did get some nasty thick black oil out by tilting the bike side to side (Thank you everyone to post that information) but i was wondering if anyone had an example of a bad oil filter that i can use as a guideline for mine? And which models of filter wil work? Every place near me has to order them in.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Oil filter question
Reply #1 - 04/19/15 at 14:52:01

Old filters don't really go bad...they have the filter media clogged up with minute particles.....that are probably too small to see.

Just change them when they are scheduled for a change.....unless your engine is self destructing and making big metal shavings - an old filter looks a lot like a new filter with a good suntan.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Re: Oil filter question
Reply #2 - 04/19/15 at 15:18:24

Dave wrote on 04/19/15 at 14:52:01:
Old filters don't really go bad...they have the filter media clogged up with minute particles.....that are probably too small to see.

Just change them when they are scheduled for a change.....unless your engine is self destructing and making big metal shavings - an old filter looks a lot like a new filter with a good suntan.

Noted. I did inspect for metal shavings and there are none.so thats good. But i guess il just order one from the interwebs and swap it out when i change the oil again soon

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:21:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil filter question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.