Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Immigration fix........ (Read 254 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Immigration fix........
Reply #30 - 04/27/15 at 11:43:37

Trippah wrote on 04/23/15 at 21:11:29:
I think this is why so many look at a national sales tax, but I suspect that much like meals taxes, only a portion are actually forwarded to the government.  SO, make the 3 tier tax rate on all income without any deduction for loses or cost (that is gross revenue, not profit)  A system change that would have to be implemented over a period of time, for sure.  I suspect though that many might like to impose a national sales tax as it might be easier to collect from businesses than individuals.  But I am against this, as I doubt that all goods and services would be reported (heck, lawyers don't even have to tax for their services).  Oh well,

so let's see, you make 50k and you spend 25k as a small business owner for your business expenses, so you actually TAKE HOME the same as a 25k laborer, but have to pay 2x or more (maybe that's the next tier) taxes, yeah, real fair, and encourages entrepreneurship  (heavy sarcasm)
Also, the only argument for why it's 'fair' that the rich pay higher % of taxes is 'they can afford it'
Yup, let's punish folks for being successful
And how does this collect taxes from the dope dealer up the road who makes 100K and is ob section 8 housing, food stamps, etc because he 'has no income'?

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 05/02/15 at 15:34:53

Paraquat wrote on 04/24/15 at 09:24:08:
verslagen1 wrote on 04/23/15 at 15:12:57:
current move in Cali is to give all the illegals driving licenses.

They did that here in Connecticut.
I don't understand it. How can you be issued a driver's license if you're an illegal immigrant?

ENFIELD, CT (WFSB) -
A spokesperson for the Department of Motor Vehicles says the Enfield branch will be closing early Saturday because of the high volume of customer traffic.

Spokesman Bill Seymour says the Enfield will close its doors at 11 a.m., an hour and a half early, because lines are extremely long.

Seymour went on to say that they want to make sure they can serve all customers who are already in line and because of that will be shutting the doors to any additional customers.

There was no word on why there was such an influx of customers.

Seymour did say that all customers in line prior to 11 a.m. will be served as needed.

Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/28959828/enfield-dmv-closing-at-11-am

--Steve

IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Reply #32 - 05/03/15 at 02:18:01

I believe in Immigration being healthy. From a cultural outlook many people who leave their native lands seeking a brighter future I have noticed have a deeper sense of pride in their new home more so than its inhabitants already. Plus alot of our ancestors were immigrants in the same situation. There is a reason why the statue of liberty has its plaque saying what it says. Or atleast a reflection of what we were in the past

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 05/04/15 at 06:15:38

That placard welcomes legal immigrants who go through a process.
Not people who skirt the law.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 05/04/15 at 09:51:15

How is it reasonable to import anything into any market that is flooded with supply?

People aren't thinking rationally about it. Drop all the history and all the warm fuzzy.

If UNEMPLOYMENT is rampant, then Importing potential Employees only further floods the market, driving down wages further.

How many decades of open border and increased unemployment do you NEED to wake up?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 05/04/15 at 11:02:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/04/15 at 09:51:15:
How is it reasonable to import anything into any market that is flooded with supply?

It's not reasonable at all!
If we had any control over it (a la Ellis Island or whatever contemporary means) we could track it, adjust for growth, adjust the economy accordingly, examine trends, take precautions.
What we have now is a saturated, unsustainable market.

Every "undocumented" immigrant contributes to the downfall.

--Steve

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #36 - 05/05/15 at 04:24:58

Ellis Island worked because you had only ONE point of entry for ALL immigrants.

That's because ALL immigrants came by steamer across the ocean.

You are now facing immigration across a land border, many thousands of miles long.

Of course... "if you can't beat'em, join'em" and go to Canada !  Wink

Cool (it's just a pun...)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 05/05/15 at 06:01:22

I believe we're all arguing the same point.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #38 - 05/05/15 at 07:39:54

Our government is actively involved in the influx.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 17:57:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Immigration fix........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.