Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Float stuck on side of road (Read 113 times)
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Float stuck on side of road
04/17/15 at 09:16:59

someone comin with tools n trailer if needed. Any suggestions lol

« Last Edit: 04/17/15 at 10:31:29 by Dave »  

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: Float stuck on side of rode
Reply #1 - 04/17/15 at 09:22:46

JA,

If you have a screw driver with a wooden or plastic handle along with you rap the float bowl with the handle a few times and that will often loosen a stuck float.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Re: Float stuck on side of rode
Reply #2 - 04/17/15 at 10:00:10

well got it to my pops garage turned fuel off let whatever was in filter drain out, started it up and let it run till it was starving for fuel, then limped on the shoulder turning on and off the fuel every few seconds or so to keep from flooding...

bike had a decent backfire and bike stalled immediately while in 4th gear doing about 45-50 pulled over and saw gas coming out of a overflow tube (only happened once )

walked it to nearby parking lot to make calls and such guess its time to put a travel tool bag together even for short rides

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Re: Float stuck on side of road
Reply #3 - 04/21/15 at 15:45:44

ok so the float is good, cleaned up carb found 2 small salt sized pieces of something in there....

my bud and my pop both suggesting fuel filter, so that isntall will be tonight.

on another note, the problem happened after the first time this season I used the reserve. We did raise the rear of the tank up a smidge to fit the KN filter. Could there have been old gas/dirt tucked away in the back that never got circulated but now is because the rear of the tank is a bit more level?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 04/22/15 at 04:58:16

The fuel petcock has screens on the inlet tubes, and the carb has a filter screen just above the brass seat - those screens should be able to strain things out coming from the tank.

Be careful with an inline fuel filter.  Do not use use one that is 1/4" hose size, as the nipples have very small openings on each end of the filter and it can restrict flow.  Some folks have had problems with an air lock where the fuel cannot pass through the fittings as the air bubbles block the openings.  Others have had problems with too little flow during cruising at highway speeds when the filter does not flow enough fuel to keep the carb supplied with fuel.  The fuel filter can cause poor running and symptoms that make them start blaming the carb or ignition and chasing causes that don't exist.

I don't use an inline filter (and neither did Suzuki as they already have one in the tank and one in the carb).  If you tank is dirty, take it off and clean it, clean the fuel screens, and clean the screen in the carb body.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #5 - 04/22/15 at 13:25:50

well i drained the tank into a glass quart jar 2 times trying to swish around and stuff to see if there anything in tank.

gas look fine nothing in the quart jar at all.

the in line filter was a universal one where has 1/4 smallest nub but cut that off to the 5/16 nub. the carb was cleaned out.

just trying to not have the problem happen again, maybe float was just stuck..... can a backfire cause that?

but next suggestion of my pop was "get a tool bag dummy"  Shocked

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/22/15 at 14:03:18

You did remove the petcock,,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #7 - 04/22/15 at 14:20:46

did not remove petcock tank still not back on so still can do that.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 04/22/15 at 16:34:18

Petcock has a screen. Remove, flush tank, check screen.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:16:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Float stuck on side of road

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.