Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New owner, few easy questions (Read 271 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: New owner, few easy questions
Reply #15 - 04/22/15 at 04:43:36

I just got an email that the Yuasa charger is on sale as a "close out".

Might be a good charger to own if you need one.  It can float charge and also can treat sulfated batteries.

http://www.bikebandit.com/manuals-tools/motorcycle-tools/battery-chargers-acc...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Mr Schaefer Pants
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hot Springs, AR
Reply #16 - 04/22/15 at 06:10:46

Dave wrote on 04/22/15 at 04:43:36:
I just got an email that the Yuasa charger is on sale as a "close out".

Might be a good charger to own if you need one.  It can float charge and also can treat sulfated batteries.

http://www.bikebandit.com/manuals-tools/motorcycle-tools/battery-chargers-acc...

That's a good system, mine has all the same features minus the desulfating, but of course, is 3a minimum.

I may get a tender/minder type set up. Browsing the 'things ever newb should know' thread, seems the reasoning for straying from a 'battery tender' was its ouput voltage being only 12.1v. Maybe that info was based on older products.

But the new stuff does practically everything, computer controlled, charges up to 14v depending on charging/floating, desulfates. All in a tiny package with the standard 2pin connector (or clips). Could mount that to the wall where the bikes are, instead of having another bigger charger taking up room.

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-chargers/12-volt/0-4amps/bm1510.html

Might be an expense for later on in the year. It shouldn't be a big deal where I live, its mild winter weather here, can practically ride all year long. Even Jan-Feb there's spuratic 65+ degree days. There's really no 'storing' the bike here.

2013 S40
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 04/22/15 at 06:15:04

The only thing I don't like about these fancy "smart" chargers....is that if the voltage of the battery falls very low...for some reason the charger interprets that the same as a battery that is fully charged.  The new smart chargers will not charge a dead battery....only one that is low but not dead.

I have a plain old "dumb" charger that I use on dead batteries.

IP Logged
savage_skulls_
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reply #18 - 04/25/15 at 10:40:17

Just wanted to chime in. Been having some charging issues with mine. Browsing through the forum before asking anything though.  I live in hot springs too! Don't get enough time to enjoy the rides between work and kids but love it when I do. I manage a motel here in town so when you guys come to vacation shout at me and I'll give you the savage discount :-p. We will all have to get together if some of you guys come for a mini savage rally.lol

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind-Ghandi
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 04/26/15 at 03:45:22

savage_skulls_ wrote on 04/25/15 at 10:40:17:
 I live in hot springs too!.  We will all have to get together if some of you guys come for a mini savage rally.lol

Update your personal information so "Hot Spring shows up when you post....it helps us all to find other riders nearby! Wink

IP Logged
savage_skulls_
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reply #20 - 04/30/15 at 09:32:12

Got er did. Thanks Dave. I didn't know I could even do that :-p. Still learning about the forum and the bike! Love them both though

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind-Ghandi
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:28:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New owner, few easy questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.