Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Time to get back in the saddle (Read 34 times)
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Time to get back in the saddle
04/14/15 at 11:00:21

Hi folks! Long time no chat.

So among the monumentally stupid decisions I've made over the last year, I also parked my bike without winterizing.
Other than draining the old gas, charging the battery, and changing the oil, I feel like I'm forgetting something that I should be doing before I even attempt to start it.

Anyone feel like smacking me across the back of the head for being an idiot and then filling me in on what else I should be doing?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Time to get back in the saddle
Reply #1 - 04/14/15 at 11:20:15

Air in the tires.....looking in the air cleaner for mice......and don't drain the oil or pull the filter off before you start the bike.  Also seriously consider putting some oil down the spark plug hole before you crank it over.

Lancer's motorcycle REX just scored a piston after being dormant for several years....the dry start was enough to ruin the piston and cylinder.  Maybe it takes more than a year for this to happen....but if you pull the filter off and drain the oil there will be a period of time that the oil pump is filling up the new filter...and no oil will be flowing to the cam or getting thrown up on the piston/cylinder. Sad

It would be better to start the bike and get it running and get things lubed up before you drain the oil and change the filter.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:19:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Time to get back in the saddle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.