Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
JARDINE TOO LOUD (Read 165 times)
suzi-q

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

JARDINE TOO LOUD
04/13/15 at 20:34:42

hi all.  just put a jardine on my 06'.  it sure is loud.  any way to muff this thing?  like the fit.  had the sportster muff before . it sounded good. sure did blacken the brake lever. has anyone added something to this muff to drop the db,s?  any sugestions? thanx  also did the polly fil nu foam air filter mod, mark Shocked

« Last Edit: 04/14/15 at 03:56:44 by Dave »  
  IP Logged
Coaxial

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: JARDINE TOO LOUD
Reply #1 - 04/14/15 at 07:23:24

You get used to the loudness. At first I was really afraid to open her up. Now  I do all my riding communication via Jardine Rumbling.

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 Black. K&N Air Filter, Jardine Rumbler Exhaust, Raptor Petcock.

145 Main Jet, 45 Pilot Jet, 1.5x
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 04/14/15 at 09:16:53

Coaxial wrote on 04/14/15 at 07:23:24:
You get used to the loudness.

Yeah.....But your neighbors won't. Angry

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Coaxial

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reply #3 - 04/14/15 at 10:14:09

My neighbours all have loud Harleys and Vulcans. My unique rumble is awesome. My lady knows when to get dinner started a few km away =P

One non riding neighbour said to me. These are good sounds.

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 Black. K&N Air Filter, Jardine Rumbler Exhaust, Raptor Petcock.

145 Main Jet, 45 Pilot Jet, 1.5x
  IP Logged
savagerider87

Riding a quality
Japanese machine
since '13

Northern NY
Reply #4 - 04/14/15 at 12:41:16

I love my Jardine..... My neighbors are bikers too.  My girlfriends neighbor is a cop, and she doesn't complain.  If you think the Jar is too loud, you should hear the Vance&Hines pipes I have on my '14 Yamaha Bolt..... much louder!!! Smiley

1987 650 F Jardine exhaust,custom leather lever covers,and Corbin seat
2014 Star Bolt R-Spec
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 04/14/15 at 14:06:38

savagerider87 wrote on 04/14/15 at 12:41:16:
 If you think the Jardine is too loud, you should hear the Vance&Hines pipes I have on my '14 Yamaha Bolt..... much louder!!! Smiley

No Thanks.....I am nearing 60 and I prefer bikes with real mufflers.

I live 2 miles from a 4 lane 55 mph road, and I  can hear those kind of pipes on bikes when I have the windows open in my house.  That is just too loud.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #6 - 04/14/15 at 14:57:02

I agree, I like a nice rumble. not an ear shattering racket

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #7 - 04/14/15 at 15:03:54

Anyway,the OP wanted to know how to make it more quiet. You could try making a baffle. There's a few threads here that explain how it's done. Or get a different pipe. Jardine has a reputation for being on the obnoxious end of the loud scale.

Tip of the day (if you don't know it): the website search function is not very good. Instead,go to Google,enter your search term followed by "site:........com" for example Google :    baffle site:suzukisavage.com     will return results from the ss website. Much more efficient.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 04/14/15 at 15:25:28

Inconsiderate of everyone,, part of the negativity bikers get from society.
I was at a light. Car next to me, speakers so loud I could see the trunk shaking. He was wearing ear plugs. I rapped it up pretty good and pushed the stand down, let it go, the backfire scared the crap outta that jerk..
I like the sound of a well tuned engine as much as anyone, but there are considerations. In traffic , next to others, sometimes children are asleep, can people carry on normal conversation, ride by a hospital, horses near the road, your own hearing... Why does it need to be as loud as legally acceptable?

All questions that the answers to aren't important to anyone other than those who need Loud..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #9 - 04/14/15 at 16:40:41

gizzo wrote on 04/14/15 at 15:03:54:
Anyway,the OP wanted to know how to make it more quiet. You could try making a baffle. There's a few threads here that explain how it's done. Or get a different pipe. Jardine has a reputation for being on the obnoxious end of the loud scale.

Tip of the day (if you don't know it): the website search function is not very good. Instead,go to Google,enter your search term followed by "site:........com" for example Google :    baffle site:suzukisavage.com     will return results from the ss website. Much more efficient.

I know on the Dyna muffs if they're bored out you can weld a freeze plug in as a baffle
Dunno if that's work with Jardines or no

IP Logged
suzi-q

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/16/15 at 14:53:34

hey.  made a baffle from a 3 inch diced tomato can and about an inch on the sides . it just fit inside the jardine. used an awl to poke many holes in bottom  tap it home. wow it really works. yes it is more quit.  reved it a few times. still good. 3rd rev, shot out like a shot gun wad. now how to keep it in? got a sink stainer today. i'll try this Grin Grin

IP Logged
fobmarley
YaBB Newbies

Savage Life

Virginia
Reply #11 - 04/16/15 at 20:16:47

Lol as soon as i read the title of this i youtubed it to hear what it sounds like.... might have to get one now.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #12 - 04/16/15 at 20:18:15

swap him your stocker for his Jardine  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print