Send Topic Print
That guy.... (Read 168 times)
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
That guy....
04/10/15 at 17:13:07

Who finds all the good deals? We all know someone that someone to me is my dad,  He once bartered a plumbing job for a very older lady who said we could taker her late husbands car.....  A Studebaker with 2000 miles on it.

Being the good person my pop was he did all the work for her until she passed, which is why this post is going up. We fixed several heating problems frozen up pipes and I think my pop redid her downsairs bathroom at one point. All that work over the years and still a great deal.

So lets hear them your deal of the century person or you.....

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: That guy....
Reply #1 - 04/11/15 at 20:46:33

My dad was a Detroit Police Officer, parking enforcement.  Circa 1954, a gentleman was illegally parked Ford Model A Coupe, with a rumble seat.  Wasn't starting, pop says move it or ticket it.  Gentleman said "for two bucks I would sell it."  Pop pulled out two bucks, gentleman signed off the title and walked.

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 04/12/15 at 06:42:41

Trash picked a cabnet makers vice made by a company name Emmert. Found out later it was worth well over $500.00. Had to put an extension on my work bench to use it. Still chuckle when I think about pulling it out of the trash. Smiley

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 04/12/15 at 08:24:59

I found $20 on the ground once.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #4 - 04/12/15 at 08:30:18

I used to live around the corner of a Schwinn bicycle shop. Built 3 bikes out of their dumpter

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #5 - 04/12/15 at 10:40:59

verslagen1 wrote on 04/12/15 at 08:24:59:
I found $20 on the ground once.   Huh

I found what I thought was a $5 dollar bill. I picked it up and it was a $50!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 04/12/15 at 17:16:42

Yeah.. that guy used to be my adopted dad..... now it seems my brother has picked it  up.

....sigh... if only it were a genetic thing... I heard my real dad had the knack too....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 04/13/15 at 08:02:49

Does ALMOST count???

1) When my new wife and began looking to settle down we looked at a dumpy little house ( 3 bedroom 1 bath) on forty acres of GOOD flat crop land. I liked the area because I knew a local millionaire own the land behind it.  Well we passed. 20 years ago the the millionaire set up a sub-division with 2 acre lots for $30k each.  Land in that area commonly goes for $5k to $10k per acre.

2) So we looking in the next county over in the direction that was being built up. We found 40 acres.. no buildings with a pond for $38k. Again we passed. Currently, one of the hottest retail areas in the state. Its now a shopping mall.

3) Lastly, we looked at... and I put down $400 non-refundable to buy 7 acres, ready with water and electric. Again I backed out and lost my $400. Three months later we find out that Nissan would be building a plant about 3 miles away.  This one:

http://www.nissan-canton.com/

so yeah....

I am not that guy....  Embarrassed

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 04/14/15 at 06:52:36

I could have invested in Apple before it was Apple; back when Steve Wozniak was still playing with the stuff.   He was smart, for sure; just did not realize at the time just how smart he was, or where it would go.
Yep.
Oh well...

...or a few years back when American Airlines went belly up and their stock was down to $0.25/share; I should have bought a whole bunch of that when I had the $$.   I knew it was coming back, just depended on how long it would take.
Yep.
Oh well ...

Oh well ...................

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 04/14/15 at 22:57:48

LOL, kind of like prices of land down here.... before hurricane Ivan whiped out Navarre beach....
I bought a house and land (two lots 1/4 acre) for 114k, two years later, Ivan whipes out the coast (million dollar homes)... they come back looking for property to rent while waiting for their homes to be rebuilt. There were literally none to be found, realtors made calls.. mine called me... saying "you can sell yours for twice what it is worth".... and I did....sold my house and property for 216k.... paid off EVERYTHING and bought half a house in Illinois... only to return to the gulf 2 years later and be back in debt....sigh...
I learned later that I could have split the property and sold the half with just dirt for enough to have paid off my house .... sheesh!
Oh and to boot... the owner offered me the adjoining properties for only 5k each when I bought my house.....when I sold my house they sold for 89k a piece!

« Last Edit: 04/15/15 at 04:24:09 by old_rider »  

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 03:28:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › That guy....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.