Burger King (Read 152 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Burger King
04/07/15 at 07:05:03

Yeah, in the Cafe, what a twist, Huhh?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/burger-king-pay-couple-epic-burger-k...

Time for a bit of happy news, innit?

But, down on the right, Sheriff Roscoe has passed on... I imagine he had fun making that show..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Burger King
Reply #1 - 04/07/15 at 09:34:18

That's amazing.....
Because....
My wife is an employee of BK here.... and the store owner is so cheap her husband is the "fix it" man, who never really fixes, he just temp makes it work. And i'm not sure he is licensed to work on anything.(plumbing/electric)
The owner won't buy a pressure sprayer to clean the side walks or parking lot and wants to borrow mine, since one of the other managers wife won't let them borrow theirs because it is brand new.
My wife had to take in light bulbs for the bathrooms.... and has to borrow my heavy duty extension cord every two weeks to drain their grease trap.
Last week my wife brought home a 12' long "no slip" mat for me to clean because the grease on it was making it dangerous to walk on.
This woman is cheap.... and the store is loosing business because of it. I only hope someone else buys her out and improves it.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/07/15 at 11:08:57

It's going down. The owner is spoiled, and rather than lower her standard of living, she is screwing the very thing that pays her. I've seen it before. I've seen restaurant owners have fires when it was about to go under.
Can your wife run it? Can you help? Is it time to take a leap?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 04/07/15 at 15:20:40

Quote:
I've seen restaurant owners have fires when it was about to go under.

Reminds me of 3 older fellows in Florida, talking over coffee.
One said: "I had a restaurant, and it caught fire, so I took the Ins money and retired"
The next one said: "Gee, Same thing happened to me"
The 3rd one said: "Well A, Tornado took my place, so I also took the insurance money and retired".

The other two looked him in astonishment, and said:
"How do you start a  Tornado?"

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #4 - 04/07/15 at 17:00:25

Haha!

Ain't that the truth!

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 04/07/15 at 21:07:21

Dude...wish I could.... no way though. Even with the collateral of the house I would not come near having enough to buy her out.
Business plan? wouldn't even touch hers... but she isn't following the one that someone wrote for her.
More than likely she is putting her kids through college... or putting the cash into the fund for it and shorting the business where it needs it the most.
They rebuilt two years ago because of termites.... they are back... they had a lighting fixture fall from the ceiling last month, the last owner didn't pay for a pest control plan (its only $450 a year).
I have seen so many businesses collapse down here because everyone cuts corners and socks the money into their "investments", that don't pan out because the investor is stealing their capital.
I only hope my wife moves to the air force base BK before this one collapses totally. She would probably move up a pay grade, as she worked on the air force base BK about 7 years ago and they didn't want to let her go Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Reply #6 - 04/08/15 at 10:59:32

Quote:
But, down on the right, Sheriff Roscoe has passed on... I imagine he had fun making that show..

Everytime I think about Dukes of Hazzard and him I think, coo coo coo.

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #7 - 04/08/15 at 12:09:08

Hot Pursuit Time Flash! coo coo coo

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 04/13/15 at 05:57:49

Spent 6 hours at the wife's work (BK) pressure spraying their drive thru and side walks.
The head manager actually let them clock my wife on while we were there, even though after her hand surgery she could not work.
Wonder how much trouble he will be in for that one.......
Oh... I didn't get paid to do it.....she was supposed to be doing it, it was planned like 3 months ago before she knew about her surgery....
Told her if I was going to do it again, they would have to pay me, and we would have to do it after they close at night (11pm), because I spent more time waiting for cars going through the drive thru than I did spraying the dang thing!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #9 - 04/14/15 at 14:27:13

I worked at a medical clinic that carried property insurance with a 10K deductable. A storm blew through and dropped a tree on the back roof taking out a rooftop AC unit. Total damages cost $9,800. The biomed before me took a rubber floor mat and nailed to the roof covering a 3x6 hole.  The owner of the company would come by about one a year in her private jet. Lost a lot of respect for her because of the way she ran te company. She ended up selling out to a larger company and pocketed around 30 million.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #10 - 04/14/15 at 18:09:18

From what the wife says... it isn't that the general manager is cheap, she is keeping down costs to keep her job, but she is going a bit "overboard" if you ask me.
Most owners don't realize, if you keep the crew happy, they perform better, which in turns leads to happy customers....who return...and tell their friends....who come in.
Happened while she was in Quincy Illinois... she worked BK there also. She has a bit of "southern" accent, and remembers folks and what they like. When she started working in Quincy they had her on the drive through....one day the "floor" girl (cleaning tables, empties trash) was sick. They asked my wife to do the job....well, she was clearing tables and asking folks if they needed anything, unheard of up north in a fast food place. She ended up being the floor person... but ended up being a hospitality person.....even though BK doesn't have them.
Their morning seniors tripled.... everyone wanted to meet the "southern girl" who was polite and called everyone sir or mam..... I had to laugh... and went to watch her work Smiley, the old folks got a kick outta her coming to give me a "smooch" when she had time.
Anyway... even after we moved they have someone out on the floor helping folks and cleaning also.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 21:27:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Burger King

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.