Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cali drought...doing my part (Read 37 times)
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Cali drought...doing my part
04/05/15 at 13:31:31

So I have a small backyard that had what was supposed to be grass. Kids played, dog played and we socialized back there. With the approval of the townhouse owner we decided to remove the attempt at grass and put in some turf. Just got it finished yesterday in time to hide eggs today. Came out pretty good considering I did it and had no clue. Basically laid it like carpet with crazy spikes to hold it in place.

image_231.jpg

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Re: Cali drought...doing my part
Reply #1 - 04/05/15 at 13:34:55

Even installed a hammock which the girls love!

image_232.jpg

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 04/05/15 at 13:42:08

So do they make "vacuums" for that stuff?  I am asking because I have been fighting my sand pit for 7 years now... was looking good until 2 years ago when I came down sick.... now I have to start over.
Turf would make sense in the backyard. LOL, I told the wife I was going to blacktop it and paint it green! Shocked Shocked Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #3 - 04/05/15 at 14:09:32

We have a plastic leaf rake that works well but all I have is one pine like tree so not much mess. Plus it's only about 15' deep and 30' wide with a cement patio and pavers splitting my house and the front house. The hardest part of putting it down was prepping the ground. You must get all the grass,weeds and any other living vegetation up or it will grow thru. I can already see I'm gonna have a few spots I'm gonna have to keep an eye on. All in all I'm super happy it's all perfect green. Doesn't need any water or feed. And the property owner reimbursed me for all out of pocket expenses since I ended up actually doing a good job and saved him almost a grand on the install from a professional.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 22:34:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Cali drought...doing my part

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.