Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
clutch springs vs throwout (Read 27 times)
wolfsgrin

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bentonville, AR
clutch springs vs throwout
03/28/15 at 15:18:47

Hey guys, I have installed the Barnett clutch springs and after reading some more post on here about the throwout arm being made of a whatchamecallit type? metal, kinda has me wondering. I have read from past posts(Can't get links inserted now) like in chain conversion post about maybe needing some performance clutch plates and heavier springs to help with clutch slippage.  Has anyone done this with the springs and had any issues with the throwout arm? Did you have the throwout machined out of stronger metal? I have the EBC clutch plates with Barnett springs, chain conversion 15/43, versy tensioner, stage 2 cam, 97mm Wossenner piston, silicon carbide treatment, ported and polished head, with 36mm mikuni with ufo and velocity stack. So I figured the frankenbike was hopped up enough to warrant the clucth pack upgrade. Just don't want the throwout busting up and getting into some gears and grenade my engine, not good. Any advice from some that have tried and run the springs for a bit is appreciated. Thanks guys and hope everyone's enjoying the new riding season and if your still stuck working on your build like me Sad at least there's ice cold beer in the fridge  Cheesy.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: clutch springs vs throwout
Reply #1 - 03/28/15 at 16:01:05

That's sintered metal.
I shimmed my springs, mine broke, a few have lost theirs,,with stock springs. I would want a billet machined throw out. You might get away with it, I don't know what the odds might be,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:25:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › clutch springs vs throwout

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.