Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cop chases &tries 2sideswipe motorcycle,then flees (Read 207 times)
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Cop chases &tries 2sideswipe motorcycle,then flees
03/22/15 at 10:41:47

Cop chases and tries to sideswipe motorcycle, then turns off lights and tries to flee from person recording him
http://xrepublic.tv/node/12638

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Cop chases &tries 2sideswipe motorcycle,th
Reply #1 - 03/23/15 at 02:37:12

Doesn't look like he tried to "sideswipe" anybody to me.  It looked like he tried to get the biker to stop by moving over toward the wall and blocking his route of escape....evidently the biker wasn't going to stop for the Blue Lights and Siren like he should have.

I have no respect for the reckless sport bike crowd and their traffic laws don't apply to me attitude.

And why would a fellow in a car blow his horn at an Officer with his Blue Lights and siren on....while is was in the process of trying to pull the motorcycle over?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Re: Cop chases &tries 2sideswipe motorcycle,then f
Reply #2 - 03/23/15 at 06:30:22

A little bit more...

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/cop-hits-motorcycle-then-tries-to-flee-16928...

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/03/20/youtube-video-leads-to-fhp-re...

He apparently ran a toll road and didn't want to pay the toll.

Personally, I think the most "safe" thing the officer could have done would be to collect the information off the license plate and pursue him that way. The biker speeding off and weaving in and out of traffic to try to outrun the cop would endanger more innocent people.

Just let it go, don't try to take the guy down with your car. If he had been doing a drive by shooting or something, that would be different. But a $2 toll isn't worth risking a life. Criminal or not.

This is just my opinion.

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/23/15 at 06:38:43

Agreed

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
atomikchicken
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/23/15 at 07:05:58

The officer could be one of many working a failure to yield call.
1) If we stop pursuing every criminal then we must stop pursuing any criminal. Ask any lawyer.
2) If the biker will break this law what others has she broken?
3) Is the bike stolen or the driver impaired?
4) Is the biker fleeing the scene of a crime?
These a just a few questions going through an officers mind.
While doing a night in dispatch I sent an officer to a simple loitering call. He apprehend a wanted child rapist who is now incarcerated. Loitering is a 25 dollar fine that a homeless guy will never pay. Why even go? Because once we start choosing which laws to enforce we will also choose which ones we punish.
So now it is permissible to commit a crime in order to record a perceived crime? Then I do not want to hear about being cut off by a distracted driver anymore.  

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #5 - 03/23/15 at 07:17:20

I am left wondering why the officer did not stop the driver that was following and filming, if he..... the officer, did nothing wrong.

IP Logged
atomikchicken
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/23/15 at 07:37:53

What makes you think the officer knew he was being recorded? Why don't ambulance drivers stop and get the plate number of the car not moving over? Priorities that is why. Why did the biker not stop when the officer pushed him out of his lane? Because he is an innocent victim? We will never know because your innocent biker fled the scene.

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #7 - 03/23/15 at 07:50:23

RatdogWillie wrote on 03/23/15 at 07:49:24:
atomikchicken wrote on 03/23/15 at 07:37:53:
What makes you think the officer knew he was being recorded? Why don't ambulance drivers stop and get the plate number of the car not moving over? Priorities that is why. Why did the biker not stop when the officer pushed him out of his lane? Because he is an innocent victim? We will never know because your innocent bike flexed the scene.

The officer may not have known that he was being recorded, but he would have known that he was being followed and followed while he was in pursuit with his emergency lights on, and maybe a siren.
Was the officer justified in the unsafe pushing the biker out of his lane? Is that acceptable to you for a traffic ticket offense? I can see doing that had the biker shot at someone, but not for avoiding a toll.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 03/23/15 at 07:58:55

Looks to me like they were having the "pull it over" discussion and the biker squeaked through and ran off.

The officer then turned off his lights and attempted to follow but lost the biker, but got his tag number.

So the officer wasn't "running" from the car filming it.

Don't ya just love the "other side of the story" stuff on the net?  when they hack the film to show one side of the event?

The biker ran a toll and was speeding, then slowed way below the speed limit endangering other drivers .... got caught .... just pull the hell over and take the ticket... responsibility, were the hell is it now days?

If ya ain't got the dime, or don't want to do time, then why do the crime?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 03/23/15 at 08:14:42

Ratdog.. wrote:

Quote:
Was the officer justified in the unsafe pushing the biker out of his lane? Is that acceptable to you for a traffic ticket offense

I think that's the important issue here. Are cops allowed to run folks off the road or into a concrete lane divider and possibly injure or even kill them for a traffic violation? It's hard for me to understand why anyone would think that's ok regardless of what the initial offense was. Based on what I saw in the video this particular cop is an a**hole.

IP Logged
atomikchicken
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/23/15 at 08:16:24

How do you know it was only a traffic offense?
The person filming this even offers a name for the officer. Sounds like this guy filming has an agenda.

If the rule of law is such a problem may I suggest a place such as Afghanistan. I lived and drive the roads for two deployments. No need to worry about petty traffic laws there. I can suggest several other location that would work from sunny locals around our globe.

IP Logged
atomikchicken
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/23/15 at 08:26:26

What you saw in the video is the problem. You make your judgement on a clip from the internet. One piece of evidence.
This is why I am now in the Army and not helping crime victims. Too many people want to defend the criminal.
So regardless of the offense.  I would like to hear you tell that to the parents of a child that is dead after a hit and run. And hit and run is a minor traffic violation. Until you kill someone.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #12 - 03/23/15 at 08:26:48

Watching the Vid, my take:

Ray Charles, could see, this biker, Was Pulled over.
And the cop wasn't 'fleeing'. He was LHAO, because he Had the Lic, and the kid now just got him/her in MORE, hot water than he was before by fleeing.
And I did not see the Cop trying to, 'down' this MC.
(Which would have been so easy to do)
Only to 'cut it off', It was the MC, who probably scraped paint on the Cop car and barrier, to get away.

Quote:
" ... responsibility, were the hell is it now days? ..."

Gee, maybe, someone told this person, he/she was special, and did not have to live by the laws, everyone else does!

Lotta respect, for, 'Good' Cops. Bad ones, (which are getting to be more and more), can Kiss my Azz.  

I don't know what the cop said, but from the video, the Cop, didn't look like a, 'Bad' one.   He, (after he certainly had the info), stopped chasing.
And I think, that MC rider, will have a surprise, waiting for him/her, at some point.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #13 - 03/23/15 at 08:31:05

If I had been the biker, I would have pulled over with the police lights came on.

If I had been the police officer, I would have not have tried to side swipe the biker. I would have radioed for assistance and hung back. I would have tried to read the license plate is safe to do so and met with the biker at his home address. I would have my dashcam video to back me up.

If I had been the camera operator, I would have filmed the unsafe actions of the police officer.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #14 - 03/23/15 at 08:40:42

So how do you prove the rider was the owner of the motorcycle?

Why did he/she run the toll?
Why was he/she speeding?
Why was he/she acting erratic in traffic by slowing down below safe limits?
Did you read the other link provided?
How do you  stop a motorcycle safely?  They pit move 4 wheel vehicles... how do you suggest they do it on a motorcycle?
They can't do the strip stopper on a motorcycle either.
What the heck was the officer supposed to do? read the riders mind to find out why he/she was driving that way?
Officers cannot safely follow a motorcyclist in traffic and the riders know this, so pray tell.... what would you do that could PROVE the rider was the owner? so that justice could be served to the RIGHT person?

After this, i'll stop commenting so the post can be moved to the OTHER forum Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:25:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Cop chases &tries 2sideswipe motorcycle,then flees

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.