Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
OH gah... the evil!!!!
03/18/15 at 20:11:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

so yeah nifty little vid about .. well how this forum sometime works...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: OH gah... the evil!!!!
Reply #1 - 03/18/15 at 21:19:04

I feel like snot,....  hopefully, not angry snot... Huh...

...and I think I have learned not to argue...

Thanks, Pine...
Insightful post...

....Basically,... feeding of the trolls is unwise... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/19/15 at 06:09:27

Or............ If you're completely comfortable in your little world, you simply call anyone with an alternative viewpoint a troll!

Cute analogy with the germs but the difference is I can immediately discard ideas based on nonsense or at the very least, store them away in my memory where they sit idle until I choose to pull them out, maybe for a laugh. (Like Jog and Rat's 9/11 conspiracy crap)   Germs on the other hand take days, weeks, or months for my body to fight them off. I'm captive to the inner workings of my body's defenses, I can help a little but if someone gives me the flu, I have no choice but to deal with it.

The effect words have over me are completely under my control. I consider other viewpoints put forth by all "trolls" and if they pass the initial giggle test, I pursue the ideas further if it interest me. If not, I discard it. I even read Sew's liberal crap and pull useful stuff out of it from time to time.

The younger generation is so dependent on the written word to establish relationships, (texting, Twitter etc....) I'm not sure they have the learned skill older folks have to let words roll off their backs like water off a duck.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 03/19/15 at 06:47:21

WebsterMark wrote on 03/19/15 at 06:09:27:
Or............ If you're completely comfortable in your little world, you simply call anyone with an alternative viewpoint a troll!

Cute analogy with the germs but the difference is I can immediately discard ideas based on nonsense or at the very least, store them away in my memory where they sit idle until I choose to pull them out, maybe for a laugh. (Like Jog and Rat's 9/11 conspiracy crap)   Germs on the other hand take days, weeks, or months for my body to fight them off. I'm captive to the inner workings of my body's defenses, I can help a little but if someone gives me the flu, I have no choice but to deal with it.

The effect words have over me are completely under my control. I consider other viewpoints put forth by all "trolls" and if they pass the initial giggle test, I pursue the ideas further if it interest me. If not, I discard it. I even read Sew's liberal crap and pull useful stuff out of it from time to time.

The younger generation is so dependent on the written word to establish relationships, (texting, Twitter etc....) I'm not sure they have the learned skill older folks have to let words roll off their backs like water off a duck.

Having been here for a while and read many of your posts... while you may can overcome such infections... you are prone to create them. (sad to say.. so am I)
Though I think many of us have (mostly) moved on past the "anger" part and just go about the content.

PS: I agree about the age note. My son (17yo) can get wound up quite easily.. He is smart.. so its not an intellegence thing.. must be hormones  Cheesy

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/19/15 at 10:11:39

I think if you are over a certain age, maybe 35, you can't understand the concept of a cyber bully.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 22:44:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › OH gah... the evil!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.