Send Topic Print
Milky white (Read 141 times)
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Milky white
03/11/15 at 17:52:46

So the tube that used to run into the airflow box has a very small amount of a milky white in color and about as thick as creamer for coffee.

ran the bike today maybe 10 to 15 miles from my fathers garage to my house. parked it and went about daily routine and saw the contrast of color on the bike.

any idea what that could be?

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Re: Milky white
Reply #1 - 03/11/15 at 17:57:55

takeing a pic then wipeing it off just in case harmful to paint

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 03/11/15 at 18:02:08

Oil mixed with water makes a coffee creamer color liquid...
Oil in the tube is normal,... the water is probably from condensation in the tube...
Clean out the tube,.. but, it's probably nothing to worry about... any condensation in your oil will probably evaporate once you run it up to operating temp...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #3 - 03/11/15 at 18:04:12

cant place what it smells like.

IMG_0413.JPG

IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #4 - 03/11/15 at 18:07:08

it was capped off with a rubber cap.... no idea where that is. Is that line under any type of compression that could blow the cap off?

maybe put a small filter on the end of it? where it is right now doesnt look good leaking oil over the battery and belt guard.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 03/11/15 at 18:19:24

Should smell like bike... Grin...

This is the fat tube coming from the head to the airbox?...  It is the crankcase vent...

It shouldn't be capped... It releases the air in the crankcase when the piston pulls down... huff, huff, huff...
Put a filter on it, or send it back to the airbox...
It needs to breathe,..

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 03/11/15 at 22:28:15

Key words here..( in my opinion) are "used to run into the air box" and "capped up"
Did you cap it? How do you know it "used to" run into the air box? and why was it capped?
Milky white is water condensation and oil, usually. When you uncapped it did it run down the battery?
Please step back an post a picture of where the hose originates.... that will give us a better idea of what it is and where it should go. Smiley
One other thing.... how long was it sitting and in what humidity and temperature? sounds like it was stored outside in the shade (or covered) and was put out in the sun for a few, (then started or an attempted start).... or a garage that was not heated for the winter.
If you ran it for 15 to your house, you should be good to go if you change that oil....
If after the oil change it still drains that color.... you should check your casing bolts for tight.... might be that water is getting in the case through the split line, but if its not leaking oil, i'm not sure where else.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 03/12/15 at 03:34:33

If this is the hose that is plugged.....you need to remove the plug as others have said.  It is the breather hose for the engine, and it needs to be open so it can breathe and vent vapors. (Pay no attention to that ugly orange RTV squeezed out of the head cover.....it is a photo I grabbed offline to show the tube).

The tube should be hooked back up to the stock air box if you still have it.  Folks who remove the stock air box should install a small filter - but even then the filter will get dirty/oily as it is venting oily vapors and moisture from the water vapor that is a byproduct of the combustion process.

headsealplug-029.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #8 - 03/12/15 at 04:06:25

that would be the hose. Airbox was removed so i guess a small filter from advanced auto or some similar store. Looks like my local store has one in stock http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/spectre-breather-filter-10mm-black-3991/10...

and was stored in unheated garage while work was done on it then to my fathers garage also unheated. Drove it home and was parked outside.

I do not have to remove tank to remove tha tube do I for cleaning?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 03/12/15 at 04:57:54

If you have the chrome head cover caps on.....it is a bit of a tight fit to get the tube and spring clamp off.  You may not have to remove the tank.

You may also need to get a longer hose....or put on an extension to get the filter somewhere out of the way, and in a place where a bit of oil mist doesn't make things too dirty.  I really don't know how much goo come out....I made a box that sits on the muffler bracket and acts like the stock air box to let the oil settle out, then ran another hose up to the carb inlet to burn the remaining vapors.  Lots of Care' and Bobber folks run the breather filters.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #10 - 03/12/15 at 05:23:05

maybe a oz or 2 exactly what is in the pic less the spot where i brused it with my finger.

i want to try to keep it someplace noticable that way if it does need to be cleaned i can see it. out of sight out of mind for me for a lot of things if i run it lower and put the filter on it ill forget to check it for cleaning.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #11 - 03/12/15 at 08:02:02

This is how the previous owner did that when he removed the air box on my bike. I have since changed to just a basic cone filter on the carb, but still have the little filter setup the same way for the breather...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #12 - 03/12/15 at 08:29:15

I would just fire up the bike and ride it for a hour or two getting it hot enought to cook the moisture out of the tube. It still needs a filter to keep the crud out of it but 'm beting the moisture came from it sitting in a cold garage and then being run for a short time.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #13 - 03/12/15 at 14:06:36

so put the filter on from link above and fed it threw to the right side of the bike so it doesnt flop around think it looks good and hopefully does the trick.

IMG_0416.JPG

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:29:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Milky white

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.