Won't try THAT again! (Read 74 times)
dontwannapickle
YaBB Newbies

Woodbows and sharp
Rocks!

Huntsville, AL
Won't try THAT again!
03/09/15 at 23:51:19

So, I'm riding on our Parkway Sunday afternoon in a long line of impatient cagers and truckers who've just gotten going about 60-65 after the last light leaving town.  My butt's already hurting and the wind is starting to push back on me so I figure, "Hey. Why don't I scooch back, put my feet on the rear pegs, and lean forward a bit?" A few seconds after I got up on the edge of the back seat I'm thinking, "This'll work.", when she suddenly shuts down on me!  Shocked I hit the reserve switch and that long line of tailgaters cozying up behind me looked pretty threatening while I eased over to the (practically non-existent) shoulder.  Shocked Shocked Among all the things going through my head at that time I'm convinced I'm gonna have a heck of a time figuring out what electrical connection I've knocked loose under the seat of my new-old bike, and why didn't it happen when my gal was on the back the day before?

Angrily kicked down the stand, got off and bent my head down to look at stuff-- I see it.  Undecided  I'd kicked the ignition switch to "off"! Smiley

'04 Savageless
I don't wanna pickle. I just wanna ride on my motorsickle.
And I don't wanna die, I just wanna ride on my motorcy...cle.
-Arlo Guthrie
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Won't try THAT again!
Reply #1 - 03/10/15 at 03:25:04

Got junk on the keys?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 03/10/15 at 08:04:16

Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 03/10/15 at 10:22:36

I once had a VW bus (Hippie Van type) that had a worn ignition lock.  You could pull the keys out when the engine was running.  One day I was driving across the I-471 (Big Mac) bridge from KY to Ohio, and I saw my keys drop out of the ignition.....and fall through the floor where the cap was supposed to be for the Master Cylinder brake fluid access.  I had to quickly pull over and stop on the berm....and run back and play "Frogger" with the cars while I retrieved my keys off the bridge!

Later that day I got the cover for that hole secured a bit more better.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #4 - 03/10/15 at 10:23:16

I was always hitting the kick stand with my big ol boot during long rides. Took a while to figure out why the bike would shut off and then restart. Bypassd the safety switch and was good to go.  Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 03/10/15 at 10:44:17

I ride with my feet on the rear pegs on longer highway runs, never had that issue

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 03/10/15 at 17:20:14

Dave:
I had a friend with some sort of Toyota in the late 80's that would do the same thing. He liked to take corners really fast and throw the keys across the car!   Cheesy

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 00:27:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › Won't try THAT again!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.