Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chasing down the flat spot (Read 62 times)
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Chasing down the flat spot
03/09/15 at 17:09:37

Bought the bike partially finished with a ryca bobber kit. PO already drilled out the idle mixture block off so I'm sure it's been adjusted. Just changed the plug (sorry for blurry pic my camera on the phone has cracks) I'm not sure if the carb is jetted that's the next step getting inside it and checking to see what jets are in there. Bike seems to drop and surge at about 1/4 turn on the throttle when cruising. Idles ok it's a little splotchy at times. Does seem as if she runs a little on the hot side which from what I've read would suggest a lean setup. It's a 96 stock engine ryca header and short funnel exhaust. Has a k&n cone filter that from the looks needs cleaning or replaced. Open up the throttle and the ass dyno says she's fine but it's just got an annoying miss at constant throttle about 1/4 to half turn. I'm still going through her and cleaning up half ass installs and get it done fast so I can ride work. Just installed the new cam chain tensioner from Verslagen1 and saved myself a headache.

Plus was a Denso iridium looks like IX24B and it's got a lot of dry carbon on the tip looks a little burnt for sure. Gap was out quite a bit too.
Any quick tips as to simple adjustments for troubleshooting this?

image_217.jpg

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Chasing down the flat spot
Reply #1 - 03/10/15 at 03:26:01

Every bike that I have ridden that still has the white plastic spacer on the slide needle, runs lean just off idle and surges.

The air cleaner/exhaust mods may have affected what jets you need - but your symptoms suggest to me you need to raise the slide needle by taking out the white spacer and installing 3 washers that are #4 machine screw size instead of the white spacer.  If the flat spot gets better but it not gone - remove 1 washer and try just 2.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1104205157

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Re: Chasing down the flat spot
Reply #2 - 03/10/15 at 09:16:04

Thanks Dave that's on my list. I'm still in the process of figuring out how many modifications have been done by the PO. Seems like everything that had let's say a 3 step process one of them was done but not the other two. He apparently wanted to ride it more than work on it which were all at fault for in one way or another. I'm gonna crack the carb open this weekend and see how she looks and if any work has been done. If not I'm gonna hit up lancer for a jet kit and get her fixed right.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:23:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Chasing down the flat spot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.