Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New guy, and y'all lied to me already! (Read 228 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New guy, and y'all lied to me already!
Reply #15 - 03/09/15 at 20:12:11

Once upon a time, I could have done that..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
dontwannapickle
YaBB Newbies

Woodbows and sharp
Rocks!

Huntsville, AL
Reply #16 - 03/09/15 at 23:30:37

I swore off the Dragon after that weekend.  Seems no matter how careful you are, some crazy can come around the curve at any time and take you out with 'em. Heck, in just one west-east pass through there I passed three wrecks and had a guy come across at me with his footboard throwing sparks! Came around a left-hander to see another guy going the opposite way in the ditch mangling his (sneakered) feet up between his Vulcan and the cliff on one side and the roadside on the other.

I do realize that the fact y'all are on Savages does indicate a very different mindset from that other group I rode with.

(few more posts and I kin PM!!) Smiley

'04 Savageless
I don't wanna pickle. I just wanna ride on my motorsickle.
And I don't wanna die, I just wanna ride on my motorcy...cle.
-Arlo Guthrie
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 03/10/15 at 09:26:40

Dontwantapickle
If ya put taller shocks on the rear then it not only raises the back but it also takes some of the RAKE out of the front effectually raising it too.   Then you don't drag so much and it might surprise ya how far you can lean over before anythings drags or tires slip.

The S-40/Savage 30-HP rating is enough to keep up with almost anything on roads like the Dragon.  I've got a brother who lives in that neighborhood and always has 100HP+ bikes , well he rides with us  most years and keeps up most of the time.  Grin  

All that said :  I'm still not going around blind curves faster than I can stop in the distance I can see ahead.  Cool  It just ain't smart.  Roll Eyes  Heck we saw a bear in the road one year.  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #18 - 03/10/15 at 17:16:45

MMRanch wrote on 03/10/15 at 09:26:40:
I'm still not going around blind curves faster than I can stop in the distance I can see ahead.  Cool  It just ain't smart.  Roll Eyes  Heck we saw a bear in the road one year.  Wink

Always a good plan. Ride safe!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #19 - 03/10/15 at 19:34:25

We don't go there to actually ride "The Dragon" itself.... heck, when I went we didn't even go there... well I didn't.. the guys went on the last day.
Most times the trips are trying to find new roads were the crazies are not riding and stopping at interesting finds and food joints.
I'm looking forward to the Texas run because it is new roads and putting a face to the names, and THAT is what the trips are really about. Smiley
If you go in June you can go early to MMR's place and shoot some bull.... well shoot and bull... I don't think the cow's are targets. Roll Eyes

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 03/10/15 at 21:56:41

now that ain't just shooting the bull !  Grin

heck the last one I sold was just short of $2,000.  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:18:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › New guy, and y'all lied to me already!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.