ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Bought a Big Single
Reply #30 - 03/14/15 at 05:20:30

I second the Royal Enfield Continental GT 535!!!!!    Cheesy

I rode the LS650 to work this week, but can't wait to finish the break in on the RE C5 to log in some more miles soon Wink

What ever you have on the way I'm sure you'll have tons of fun Blinky!!!!

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #31 - 03/14/15 at 10:29:55

Drestakil wrote on 03/11/15 at 19:19:21:
Art Webb wrote on 03/07/15 at 08:30:13:
Drestakil wrote on 03/06/15 at 18:53:25:
Art Webb wrote on 03/05/15 at 12:00:43:
Looking at the SR 400 it seems to be kick only
stupid, Yamaha, very stupid, even the folks who think that's 'hardcore' will wish for a button now and then

Not me. It will start with 1 kick over 90% of the time. I love my SR.

But then, I twisted my right ankle about 3 weeks after I bought it and couldn't use the kick start. Glad I didn't trade the S40 in on it.  The Suzuki still gets most of the miles because I don't want saddlebags on the Yamaha.

Sorta supports what I was saying, It starts with 1 kick 90% of the time....unless your foot or ankle is injured, then you don't ride
for people who see the bike as primary transport, and can only afford 1 bike, that's a problem
at least have electric start as an option
and speaking for many many guys who were riding when electric legs were uncommon, most of us don't care to kick bikes any more
you are very much a minority, and a motorcycle needs to appeal to a majority to do well enough to stay in production, not matter how 'pure' a minority may consider a kicker
like I said, put a button on with the kicker (Japanese bikes did this for decades, it's not difficult) and it'll enjoy much more sales success
then you will be able to get parts for your beloved SR twenty years from now, instead of having to scrounge bone-yards for it

I still don't see it as stupid. Yamaha has been building the SR since '78 so there must be a market for it. They're not really marketing to riders who want electric start, they have plenty of options. It's the same as Suzuki not marketing the S40 to riders who want EFI and a rear disk brake.

Edited to get back on topic: Do we know what kind of thumper he's getting yet?

recentlt introduced to the US market, we'll see how it fares in the land of the lazy  Grin
FWIW I LOVE the bike aside rfom no electric leg
yeah I know I'm drifting again, but no one seems to be hitting the nail, and I have no more ideas  Grin

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #32 - 03/15/15 at 22:14:58

I have back and hip problems that are probably going to sideline me from bikes soon, but I'm not too dumb to use my left leg to kickstart an engine. Got the daughter's TRX 300 out last week. Dead. One kick with left leg sitting on back rack she fired up. The little Yamaha looks fine to me. Why do you think the New Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros look so much like the 60-70 models? I am lusting after a 1976 Kaw Kz 750 parrallel twin on craigslist. Been inside for 38 yrs. Has 3400 miles. Estate sale. ORIGINAL! I am going to offer my Savage straight up trade if he can show a clean title. My last Kawasaki was a 1972 H2. My first was a 1969 H1.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #33 - 03/16/15 at 02:46:22

Boofer wrote on 03/15/15 at 22:14:58:
I have back and hip problems that are probably going to sideline me from bikes soon, but I'm not too dumb to use my left leg to kickstart an engine. Got the daughter's TRX 300 out last week. Dead. One kick with left leg sitting on back rack she fired up. The little Yamaha looks fine to me. Why do you think the New Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros look so much like the 60-70 models? I am lusting after a 1976 Kaw Kz 750 parrallel twin on craigslist. Been inside for 38 yrs. Has 3400 miles. Estate sale. ORIGINAL! I am going to offer my Savage straight up trade if he can show a clean title. My last Kawasaki was a 1972 H2. My first was a 1969 H1.  

I was very close to buying a KZ 750 twin in '78 when I opted for a SR50 instead.  I really wanted both of them, but alas, I was a poor new sailor at the time.  I would still love to have one.  If that Craigslist is for real I would sure go hard for it if I were you.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #34 - 03/17/15 at 17:49:38

Boofer wrote on 03/15/15 at 22:14:58:

Tat's prett slick. though I don't think I'd try it on a two wheeler lol

KZ 750 Mmmmm

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:26:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Bought a Big Single

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.