Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WOOT! One for the good guys Republicans can ESAD (Read 197 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: WOOT! One for the good guys Republicans can ES
Reply #30 - 02/28/15 at 17:17:18

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 02/28/15 at 14:08:27:
Bot -
When I began practice in 1975, lawyer advertising had just become allowed.

40 years!... I thought it was about 20... Grin...
Funny, how everything is longer ago than you remember...
Gettin' too old...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #31 - 02/28/15 at 22:21:05

I remember when prez ronny 'deregulated' the banking industry..
look what happened

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 03/01/15 at 04:48:09

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 02/28/15 at 12:13:07:
JOG -
As a defense lawyer, let me correct you.  Lawyers only have to SELL a story to a jury, regardless of whether it's factually true.  Suing a pharmaceutical company is easy if the jury is composed of people like you are, who always thinks they are being duped by businesses.

Touchdown!

I "sold" a million insurance policies when I was younger by "proving" a value that wasn't really there. When phrases like "big oil" and "big  "pharma" are in our lexicon nowadays, half the battle is won in court.

(I've officially used up my quota of air quotes....)

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #33 - 03/02/15 at 11:24:52

oldNslow wrote on 02/28/15 at 14:05:22:
To return to the original subject of this thread:

If I understand correctly what this is net neutrality nonsense is about,I have to wonder; do we really want the same outfit that can't put together a functioning health insurance website  to be in charge of the internet ? Roll Eyes

Depends. Washington is pretty broken, and the lobbyists are in charge.. when three or for corps, run the internet for the entire country and make all the rules.. things is broken.

We could point at examples of what the government has done well and has done terrible all day. You chose one that was probably pretty terrible.  I think NASA has done us pretty good. Do you really want ISS run by Jet-blue?

Ah JoG... that was so harsh. People like me??? what am I like? You certainly agreed with my economic view points. I have been in networking and computers since BEFORE IBM ever built a PC. I worked with an ISP when everyone HAD to use modems. I have browsed teh FCC website and READ for myself what the lobbyists have put into place there. And recall all of this was brought to a head NOT by the FCC... but by Verizon, who used the FCC so they could charge both their customers and content providers... and who with all the other ISP's are chomping at the bit to be able to control all content. Control is money.  To be sure I would have preferred that the FCC not need to use Title II, but .. blame Verizon.

Oh .. and I just read where Verizon may have just perjured itself. Seems they don't REALLY hate Title II afterall... they only hate it for internet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-kushnick/verizons-morse-code-press_b_6780...

Of course lets be honest there is always some truth to the lies the ISP/phone companies put out. I suspect that they will look at ways to keep cheating customers by hiding behiding government regulations.

Heres one. Those "locked" cell phones. Did you ever think that the CONTRACT you took out for 2 years, meant you bought the phone at the end of the contract. You did. You own the phone. Yet the cell phone company often as not will NOT unlock the phone the you now own.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 03/02/15 at 16:34:57

Sorry, the ESAD thing set wrong with me, and I'm not even a Bub,,
I'm going to go with

Time will tell...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 11:36:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › WOOT! One for the good guys Republicans can ESAD

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.