Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
World Beyond Windows --- top 10 stories of 2014 (Read 25 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
World Beyond Windows --- top 10 stories of 2014
02/24/15 at 01:02:57

PC World Magazine has hit a real nerve with their new section,  World Beyond Windows.    The hate froth from their PC World Magazine readers is dying down now as more and more admit there is actually a post windows world that is far larger than Windows at this point in time.

The reporting style is factual and knowledgeable, something that until now PC World Magazine lacked whenever it got away from MS products in the past.  

However, all computer journalists have had to expand their worlds greatly since the world is no longer MS centric (with only a 10% to 14%  total market share how could the world remain MS centric ???).    Since they only can report on what they use their current motif is "3 months using a Chromebook", or "What I learned switching to ChromeOS" or a more personal experience telling users what obstacles they face in switching OS's away from MS.

And I am amazed at how many actually STAYED switched, or included their new hardware into their lifestyles.  

These were the die hard MS people after all .....  and they were jest SHOCKED to find out how much busy work they were really having to do just to take care of MS's 30 year old autistic "diaper baby".

In any case, here is PC World Magazine's World Beyond Windows take on the 10 most important non-MS items that took place last year.   It is well written and well thought out.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2858332/chromebooks-rising-steamos-stalling-li...

Enjoy, and realize the stuff I used to write about is now maintained by the mainstream computer reporters now and they are doing a better job of it, even better than I could do it.

Cool

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:25:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › World Beyond Windows --- top 10 stories of 2014

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.