Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I lost my phone. Google helped me find it. (Read 116 times)
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
I lost my phone. Google helped me find it.
02/22/15 at 18:11:46

Hello Everyone. I'm sitting at my computer right now, waiting on my wife to get home, so she can take me to get my phone (while I call it from her cell phone). Google has a handy thing, (which is news to me, y'all may have already known about it, if not, maybe this will save you a google search in the future).

Go here: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Any devices you have linked to your Google Account will appear here. You can locate them (assuming location is turned on), Erase data (I'm not gonna try this because I plan on picking it up soon), Lock the phone with a custom password different than your normal screen lock, so it says my location is accurate within 4 meters. We'll see how true that is.

I plan on picking it up shortly, so it's no problem to show y'all this screen capture.

My phone is TOO darn LONG! Apparently, it slips out of my pocket when I'm riding my S40. If it didn't, well, I wouldn't be posting this thread right now.

Will let y'all know whenever I find it.

Because I know y'all are just as worried as I am!  Grin

Hoping, posting this thread will help me relax. (Really stressing out, have a lot of personal info on that phone.)

phonelocation22215.PNG

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: I lost my phone. Google helped me find it.
Reply #1 - 02/22/15 at 18:17:13

Went to the url link... it says I "have no google devices"... funny I have an android phone (Motorola google) and it says I have none.... it is linked with my google glass...
Guess i'll have to read up on it.... sounds like a neat program.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 02/22/15 at 18:54:49

I lost my pocket-knife yesterday... Undecided...

Hello, Google?... you are a worthless POS if you don't find it... Angry...

Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #3 - 02/23/15 at 03:39:00

darn, mine was missing this morning too. I feel your pain.
Hope the moby turns up,too.

IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #4 - 02/23/15 at 07:55:28

Good news and bad news...

Good news, I found it.

Bad news, it is now a paperweight. Screen is shattered and unresponsive to touch.

Insurance company wants $175 for a deductible and I pay em $10 a month.

F*CK THAT!

Gonna drop the insurance and buy a used T Mobile phone from a coworker. A Samsung Galaxy S4, a much more front-pocket friendly phone.

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 02/23/15 at 08:04:12

$175?
My phone is just a galaxy S3, but when I busted the screen, it only cost me $105 to have it fixed, with NO insurance

IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #6 - 02/23/15 at 08:17:50

Art Webb wrote on 02/23/15 at 08:04:12:
$175?
My phone is just a galaxy S3, but when I busted the screen, it only cost me $105 to have it fixed, with NO insurance

The screen replacement is $189, its a digitizer screen, so its the whole "touch screen".

I don't like this phone though. Sony has a compact version, but I don't have $600 laying around to buy it. T Mobile doesn't offer it, so I can't "upgrade" to it.

Gonna stick with the S4 for now I suppose.

Wink
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 02/23/15 at 08:24:17

Serowbot wrote on 02/22/15 at 18:54:49:
I lost my pocket-knife yesterday... Undecided...

Hello, Google?... you are a worthless POS if you don't find it... Angry...

Grin Grin Grin...

UPDATE... Found it...  darn cargo pants!...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #8 - 02/23/15 at 08:25:21

The S3 is a touch screen, too,  as are most smart phones I know of, looks like parts price is the difference, mine cost $70 or so but yeah, if your phone falls out on a ride, i wouldn't care for that either (the reason I went to a small front pocket wallet over the trucker style wallet I used to carry)

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #9 - 02/23/15 at 15:36:30

I have a $30 flip phone for this very reason. If I damage it beyond repair I can just replace it.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #10 - 02/23/15 at 15:54:34

I wish I could revert back to "simple" phones. I find that I use a smartphone too much on a daily basis to live without it. For actual utilitarian purposes, (not just facebook and stuff).

Update on my situation : A really nice coworker of mine gave me his "old", (less than 6 months old), Galaxy S4 and said "Pay me whatever you want to pay me for it". So I'm gonna switch over to that.

Still gotta pay off the paperweight though...and I have like 21 months left of payments.  :'(

Wink
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #11 - 02/24/15 at 15:13:09

Kris01 wrote on 02/23/15 at 15:36:30:
I have a $30 flip phone for this very reason. If I damage it beyond repair I can just replace it.

this is exactly why I often consider going back, but i like being able to talk to my phone and have it write out my texts from that lol
Realistically I seldom use it's 'smart' capabilities

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #12 - 02/25/15 at 01:34:37

I cannot (much to my sorrow) revert back to my old flip phone.
I have been a zombie controlled minion of google, for the past two years.

I have been testing Google Glass, which by the way is a totally kewl hands free device!
And I do hope the improved version will be available to me first.....then the public, in the near future!
The explorer program of Google Glass ended this past January, so no normal human can receive a device and test it.... not that it is no longer testable, just that, the software is no longer going to be updated......sigh.....
The last two years have been fun, and also outrageously ghoulish!
But in relation to this post..... google in and of itself..... has numerous good ideas, either software or hardware, that I believe will be of great help now and in the futureSmiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 02/25/15 at 04:08:50

Like others have commented - now that I have a smart phone it would be hard to go back.  I now have access to a GPS, camera, internet, emails..and I can get information or help whenever I need it.  The phone has helped me get out of traffic jams, find my way when I am lost....and even play music for me when I need it.  On my motorcycle it links with my Sena headset and provides navigation instructions, allows me to make phone calls hands free, and I can even check the Savageforum to see what others are up to.

When I retire in 5-10 years and have to pay for this service myself, it will most likely be a necessary expense as long as I am still mobile and moving around under my own power.  I am not addicted to the phone and can go for days without actually talking to anyone - but I sure do like having the convenience features it provides.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #14 - 02/25/15 at 06:28:51

Dave wrote on 02/25/15 at 04:08:50:
I can even check the Savageforum to see what others are up to.

Is there an App for that? (Android)
seriously.. I would like to know.  My phone is much smarter than I am.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 06:18:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › I lost my phone. Google helped me find it.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.