Send Topic Print
I'M SHAVING MY HEAD!! (Read 114 times)
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
I'M SHAVING MY HEAD!!
02/21/15 at 16:39:07

Pardon the caps in the title. This is kinda a big deal to me though.

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of St. Baldrick's foundation. It's a charitable organization for curing Children's cancer. I will be shaving my head March 21st. If you would like to help out, even if it's just a few bucks, check out my "website" here. And see my "before" picture.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/skadbergshaveshishead

Think about how valuable life is, I can't imagine what it would be like to have it cut short by cancer.

Everything is appreciated!

Thanks Y'all!!

***Also my 100th post, kind of a special way to use it!***

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: I'M SHAVING MY HEAD!!
Reply #1 - 02/21/15 at 19:31:17

Savskad good on ya, it's an admirable thing doing anything for charity!  I'm very tired and was heading to bed but popped on your site to make a donation, unfortunately there isn't a fast 'PayPal' donate so I'll check it out again after my coffee tomorrow morning  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #2 - 02/22/15 at 05:42:05

Thanks ToesNose! They don't have paypal,  Undecided  , but the credit card method is pretty quick. Just enter your creidt card number, exp, and CSC and you're done.

Thanks again!  Smiley

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 02/22/15 at 10:52:41

Good on you for your compassion for the children with cancer.

I always look for transparencies in the organization I give to, and this one gives a majority of its donations toward R&D grants and organizations to help children's treatments.

Donation on the way Smiley

P.S. what really sold me was the org.s that help with the treatments and financials for the treatments. Most of the big organizations are all about advertisements and R&D.... and none actually go to help on the financials.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #4 - 02/22/15 at 16:10:54

I found out about it through my supervisor, his son had a tumor in his optic nerve, when he was 5 years old. Though he is cancer-free, now. I started this "new" job I have last year, and my boss, another supervisor, a coworker (who is a biker, and the chapter president of Gypsy M.C. in Round Rock), all were doing it. Sounded like something fun and good to do, so I went ahead and volunteered this year.

Thanks Old_rider!

Wink
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #5 - 03/20/15 at 12:33:27

One last push! I'll be shaving my head tomorrow to help cure children's cancer, at the Dell Children's hospital here in Austin. If anyone else here would like to donate:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/skadbergshaveshishead

Thanks again!

Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:32:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › I'M SHAVING MY HEAD!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.