mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Yo Bot.......
Reply #30 - 02/25/15 at 02:50:49

old_rider wrote on 02/24/15 at 13:39:47:
I did say they came from stories in the book, and were a good moral guide.
I did not implicate that they were verses as a "commandment"....
As a man created in "his" image anyone can interpret the book and use it as best as he/she can, because isn't ones mind also an image of the creator?
Most just don't see it that way..... they tend to go by the interpretations of those who deem themselves "teachers" or "shepherds".
One does not have to be "ordained" to teach the word.
Also, I have not read the book for more than 40 years now, because back then I got what I needed from it.
But I do have a computer and can use a search.... and people put stuff online and profess that "its the truth".
I just thought I would point out that folks with religious belief should not condemn others for their belief or "non" belief.
Because condemnation or judgement cannot be passed but by the one at the gate, or so the book says.
I loosely describe the texts and teachings as I remember.... but I think my point gets across..... and if someone tries to "pin point" a meaning, it just tells me their mind is already made up and their interpretation is different than mine..... so be it.... i'm not here to say I'm the one that is right....just express my opinion about it.
And that is one of the reasons I no longer believe, that among other things....people tend to try to bend their followers to their line of thinking.
I'm do not debate well, and sometimes I don't get my point out as well as I should, but it does not bother me how you see me..... its how I see me....
And as a caring person, it bothers me to see others profess their status above others... when in the end... as I see it.... you will be just dust in a box, just like me.
And the memories others have of you, is what you will become after that.
Well that and the fact that we have computers now and can put our visages and comments up on the internet.... which who knows, some one in 3034 might see this post... and start it anew!

Sorry, I disagree.

Does one not have to be a graduate of the School of Medicine to call himself a Doctor, M.D. ?
Does one not have to be a graduate of Law School to call himself a Lawyer or a Judge ?
Does one not have to be a graduate of Civil Engineering or Architecture to call himself capable of designing a new building ?
Roll Eyes
Would you really put yourself into the hands of a shady speakeasy pushing snake oil as a "one size fits all" medical remedy ?
Would you really put yourself into the hands of a shady speakeasy pushing soft words in a court of law ?
Would you really put yourself into the hands of a shady speakeasy pushing sweettalk to build the home you will live in ?
Roll Eyes
I think not.

So how can one simply dance up and down the aisle like John Belushi and holler "I see the Light!" and expect to "know the Word"?
Huh
There's a lot more to it than just the "feelgood factor".
That is why not only Catholics and Orthodox, but Anglicans, Methodists and Lutherans also have Seminary Schools/Colleges.
Else, you WILL one day come across someone who, perhaps in bona fide and perhaps not, will give you a comfortable speech that is imbued with "feelgood" but hopelessly wrong from a theological standpoint.

I quote from Matthew, Chapt. 5:
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven..."

Therefore, anybody who insists that Jesus came to give "the Good News" and that "the Old Testament is over" is terribly wrong.

Again, Matthew Chapter 7:
"6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
"15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves...
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ "

Sorry, OLDRIDER, I cannot agree with your words.

I do not thump and holler "Catholics are good and everybody else is bad" but I cannot accept the thought that someone with (perhaps) even fewer studies and less preparation than me may come and assume they can teach me about theology.

My personal opinion, of course.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #31 - 02/25/15 at 03:32:55

raydawg wrote on 02/24/15 at 16:21:07:
Not really wanting to get into theology here, that was not the intentions of this post, I blame Bot for steering it that way  Kiss

raydawg wrote on 02/20/15 at 13:00:42:
Hope you (or anybody else) field the question........

...Now he offers his take of economic solutions and democratic/social considerations as a way to deal with those who of " Islamic" faith ...

Tell me Bot, is not Obama trying to "push" his beliefs on them, as a fix?

It reminds me of Christians who "believe" they know a better way and stand on street corners, bullhorn in hand, exclaiming to all who are not saved are going to hell.
They will tell you they are doing this because they care for you and don't want you to die and go to hell.....

...As the elected official representative of our nation, he has advanced his own beliefs, without regard to our system of governing, on the global stage, giving the appearance that he thinks he is superior in reasoning and beliefs, than many around the world.

I don't fault his "heart", as a believer myself, I believe I see where his "hope" generates.
However, I believe this is where separation of church and state needs to exert itself, in our elected officials, as with abortion, gay marriage, etc, on a smaller scale.  

Your thoughts bro?  

Bot did it... Grin Grin Grin....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #32 - 02/25/15 at 04:30:25

Knew you would bite  Cheesy

As to the remark from old rider about teachers.....

This is exactly what I refer to when I example Obama, and Holder too, who discount and minimize Fox news for any opposition reporting.
They demagogue it and the rank and file slurp it up.
Never once giving into the fact those who find it worthy of their attention and a fresh break away from one sided reporting of the other outlets, is just a different of belief and opinion these folk hold....
They use their pulpit to preach their beliefs without welcome of those who oppose, that is my point.

BTW, morning bot, have a wonderful day  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #33 - 02/25/15 at 08:05:05

Fox doesn't just give opposing views,... they use opposing facts...
It is sad that they need lies to validate their views...

We are all entitled to out own opinions and beliefs,... but not our own facts...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 02/25/15 at 11:33:15

Fox went to court to prove that they have a First Amendment Protected RIGHT to LIE and present it as NEWS. Understand, they were not trying to secure a protective shield in case they were WRONG, but to prove that they could fabricate stories and force their Reporters to spout those lies while Pretending that they were fact.
Know that about Fox and believe the others? If voting changed anything it would be illegal.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #35 - 02/25/15 at 12:27:48

Oh, facts.... I never said facts, why are you?
Like Dan Rathers and a bogus attempt to damage dubya with a fabricated story?
Or more recently Brian Williams?
Yea, fox has that cornered huh....  

My point is that a lot of people feel the networks you hold in high esteem were not meeting their needs, you can argue why, however, that does not erase a fact that fox sprang to being to fill that void. I get it, you say those folk are sheep and wrong, that is your fact and your belief.... Have the tolerance and open mindedness to extend to them the very right you extend to yourself without prejudice.... That is the whole point of my thread, uh, before you hijacked it  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #36 - 02/25/15 at 13:15:43

if people take a minute and scan the different "News " channels they will discover that sometimes it's not just the same stories but the same words.
And WHY would everyone have the same stories? In a market of a given number, how can I Outsell the competition if EVERYONE is selling the same thing? Offer something different, but think back, go Way back,   Remember
the last Michael Jackson bad man, messing with kids,blahh blahh blahh, constant and everywhere,   anyone who wanted to increase their market share only needed to talk about ANYTHING else... And, there was Much to be talked about,, in Florida, there was a Hotel with a temporary fence around it and a group of very influential people inside...
It's not just the B.S. they are trying to feed us, it's also about the Real issues that they Are Not saying anything about.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #37 - 02/25/15 at 15:29:28

raydawg wrote on 02/25/15 at 12:27:48:
That is the whole point of my thread, uh, before you hijacked it  Roll Eyes

I highjacked a thread titled,.."Yo Bot"?...
Call it "Yo JOG", next time... Lips Sealed...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #38 - 02/25/15 at 16:05:04

Serowbot wrote on 02/25/15 at 15:29:28:
raydawg wrote on 02/25/15 at 12:27:48:
That is the whole point of my thread, uh, before you hijacked it  Roll Eyes

I highjacked a thread titled,.."Yo Bot"?...
Call it "Yo JOG", next time... Lips Sealed...

Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 02/25/15 at 16:31:40

WHA!?? WhadIDeww?? Did I do something wrong again?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #40 - 02/25/15 at 17:25:44

Hey, JOG,...
How does Raydawg argue so much, and still not have a 1,000 posts?...
Undecided...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 02/25/15 at 18:05:44

He hasn't been here for 10 years like me. Give the man some time. He's intelligent AND opinionated. Post counts Gonna pick up.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #42 - 02/25/15 at 18:56:15

Somewhere in this thread it said be very careful what you wish for  Lips Sealed

I love the very fact, as in FACT..... that we can banter and still be jovial with one another, shame more can't experience the simpleness of it  Kiss

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #43 - 02/26/15 at 07:25:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/25/15 at 11:33:15:
Fox went to court to prove that they have a First Amendment Protected RIGHT to LIE and present it as NEWS. Understand, they were not trying to secure a protective shield in case they were WRONG, but to prove that they could fabricate stories and force their Reporters to spout those lies while Pretending that they were fact.
Know that about Fox and believe the others? If voting changed anything it would be illegal.

Yep they are an "entertainment" channel.  I seldom if ever watch them. They lost credibility with me LOOOONG ago. Odd thing was.. it had nothing to do with politics. They lied about some silly crap.. and then would not fess up to it.

I use to watch our NBC affiliate for news.. but I got pissed off at them, so been watching CBS for the past 6 months. Of course if I want to KNOW something, I look to the internet. Most news gets little to no coverage on TV.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #44 - 02/26/15 at 08:05:08

I have not watched any commercial news programs in years. They are there to make money, plain and simple. They will report accordingly to what they ultimately believe will generate the most income. They are nothing more than a glamorized nation enquire who hold themselves in a higher esteem than used car salesmen

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 01:11:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Yo Bot.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.