Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mystery hose..? & thanks. (Read 140 times)
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Mystery hose..? & thanks.
02/15/15 at 12:31:59

thanks everyone for the help so far.  Ridden a  bit, 45mi so far, and understanding some of the forum comments.  Have gassed up, checked oil, tightened clutch cable, removed seat, charged battery, cleaned it, called around about tires, etc.

Question:

Pic is right side of bike.  what is the hose that curves down from under that tank and curls forward behind the spring wound cables almost touches the back of the cylinder, and is disconnected or just goes nowhere?  Is this a overflow drain or something?  Can't see where it might have slipped off.  You can see the carb hose aft of it is on.  And I couldn't find it in any pictures or manual drawings.  Confused. Undecided

thanks

DSCN2788.JPG

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Mystery hose..? & thanks.
Reply #1 - 02/15/15 at 12:42:48

california bike?

WWW   IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #2 - 02/15/15 at 12:46:38

TX bike.  maybe a crank case vent? the end is oily to the touch but not dripping. tks.

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 02/15/15 at 13:33:12

float bowl vents,.. they're usually directed upwards into the frame... There's 2 of them ...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #4 - 02/15/15 at 13:50:23

Thank you.  Where's that pic from?  Looking in the CD now again, haven't found it.  Just wondering.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 02/15/15 at 17:27:09

That's a pic of my bike... (dusty pic)....

PS...(You'll notice the carb isn't really connected to anything,... Grin...
I was just holding it in place to show how the vent hoses get routed, because someone asked about them a couple of years ago.  It's posted in the Tech Section now, titled "Carb vent tubes"...)...
Huh...

IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #6 - 02/15/15 at 19:32:02

Thanks, hadn't gotten there yet.  I've been studying the DIY and exhaust so far; gathering wood and stuff for a 'poor man's' bike lift so I can adjust the belt, more rubber parts for the lifted seat spacers, searching craigslist for Harley mufflers & luggage, stuff like that...  

Learning of the many things I can do myself with all the great guidance available here.

Good thing it's raining, so I have a little time to start making this a proper Savage. Smiley

IP Logged
49mack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/19/15 at 14:17:38

I have a California bike (in Texas) and it has that same hose. The hose is a breather / vent. The other end attaches at the cylinder head. I got a breather  / filter (1/2") from Bike Bandit as I could feel suction on the bottom end of the hose when the bike was running. I was very surprised at how much noise was reduced after installation. I ran it parallel to my top frame tubes and found a space aft of the tank where the b-f  tucks in nicely. The open ended breather line makes a lot of intake noise and the breather / filter sure sure reduced. BTW, Bike Bandit has given me excellent, fast service. Try 'em. I t is getting crowded under my tank and I thought the next time I had it off, I'd explore a direct attachment to the head or find a better routing for the hose and b-f. The b-f slips into the hose lower end and attaches with a hose clamp supplied with the b-f.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 02/19/15 at 14:36:52

that's not it mack, try again.

the breather is about a 1/2" line and you can see it passing behind the carb.
the one he shows is about the same as the vac line next to it or 3/16"

a california bike has a vent line coming off the tank, but it's smaller than the vac line... about 1/8".

you should take off the tank and track it down.

WWW   IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #9 - 02/20/15 at 18:20:18

Thanks.  I guess I should be glad it's rainy here.  More time to fiddle with the bike instead of ride it.  

Reading up on tank removal; which seems to be an 'interesting' operation.  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 02/20/15 at 18:41:30

Might be "interesting" the first time... it's just boring as hell after that... Grin...
Fortunately,... after the first time,... it's just a 2 minute job... Wink...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:18:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mystery hose..? & thanks.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.