Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Too close to home.
02/14/15 at 09:40:20

Two days ago the house directly across the street had a visit from 3 daytime burglars.  We live in a rural area 10 -15 miles from the river cities in Kentucky that are across from Cincinnati.  Downtown Cincinnati is 20 minutes from here.  In the 18 years or so that we have lived here there has always been an occasional house break in a few times a year, and the thieves take whatever they can get in a hurry....autographed baseballs, money, jewelry, guns, drugs.  The break-ins always occur in the daytime when folks are at work.  Our house sits well back from the road and is well hidden and is a prime location for a daytime assault - so we have an alarm system and a sign on the locked gate across our driveway....and until a few months ago when our dog passed away she did a good job of keeping unwanted guests away by barking loudly whenever she heard car tires in the gravel driveway. So far we have not had anything taken from us.

The really scary part of this event is that the fellows that broke in have felony convictions previously - and were packing guns.  What would they have done to the young couple across the street if they had been home at the time?  Luckily a neighbor who has a view out his back door was home, notice the unfamiliar van and 3 fellows walking around the house and took pictures - and then when he saw them break in the door he called the police and they caught them!  

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2015/02/12/campbell-police-thwart-...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Too close to home.
Reply #1 - 02/14/15 at 10:06:32

It's believed Hardy, Tucker and Conyers might be responsible for other burglaries around the Tristate area and other local burglaries in Campbell County, Lehmkuhl said.

Well, a look at how they live, what they spend and how much they actually EARN might just shine some light on the matter. And taking their pictures to some pawn shops MIGHT help, but the folks there might not be exactly willing to admit doing business with any of them, stolen stuff has to be returned,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 02/14/15 at 10:20:23

I love "HAPPY ENDINGS"  Wink

and then when he saw them break in the door he called the police and they caught them!

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 02/14/15 at 10:44:48

and that type of reporting is unusual around here.
each one called out would put a risk as to who could sit on the jury.
as well as privacy rights... dam lawyers.

WWW   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 02/15/15 at 04:17:47

One time I came home from work for lunch and earlier in the morning someone broke a hole thru my ceiling and stole a bunch of stuff. They had broken into the gun safe and loaded the guns and left them around the house in case someone interrupted them. Apparently one of the neighbors saw them leave about 10 minutes before I drove up. Lucky me!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/15/15 at 10:55:23

They had broken into the gun safe .....

They had broken into the gun (Notso)safe ...

How?

And yeah, glad you didn't get shot..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 02/15/15 at 14:17:49

All states need "Right to carry laws" !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 02/15/15 at 15:32:02

Last summer there were quite a few break-ins around my neighbor hood, which is why we got a small safe (bolted to the floor) and I have been experimenting with a new house camera system.
All I have to do is figure where to hide the computer that will remain on all the time and record using the motion detection system.
Also I am trying to run 2 different software programs at the same time, one which will email an account 3 frames before and 3 frames after....it actually captures all the time, but erases frames after it takes them (I think it does it in 10's) but keeps the 3 frames before motion and 3 frames after and then emails them.
And that is kewl.... even if someone stole the hidden PC there will be pictures "on file, on the net".

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #8 - 02/17/15 at 14:41:43

MMRanch wrote on 02/15/15 at 14:17:49:
All states need "Right to carry laws" !  Wink

yes

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 02/17/15 at 14:57:01

old_rider wrote on 02/15/15 at 15:32:02:
All I have to do is figure where to hide the computer that will remain on all the time and record using the motion detection system.

I got a plenum below the forced air cond that would perfect hide-away.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #10 - 02/17/15 at 22:37:27

Oh, mine will be in full view...
But the hard drives or flash drives will be hidden....
I have done a small two camera system for the father in law using just a flash drive that erases after 10% from "full" or after seven days of recording, it is a 64gig drive.
He is ordering one twice that size, plenty of room for just motion activated videos.
I am also going to post a sign outside.... "you are being video taped, your picture is now on the cloud".... hopefully it will deter a few wanna be's

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 02/18/15 at 03:26:01

old_rider wrote on 02/17/15 at 22:37:27:
I am also going to post a sign outside.... "you are being video taped, your picture is now on the cloud".... hopefully it will deter a few wanna be's

If they know how to read english! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #12 - 02/19/15 at 10:22:14

Usted está siendo grabada en video, imagen está en la nube.

Well, I hope the translator works.. Smiley

Used a Spanish to English translator... it works! LOL....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 02/19/15 at 11:46:08

old_rider wrote on 02/17/15 at 22:37:27:
I have done a small two camera system for the father in law using just a flash drive that erases after 10% from "full" or after seven days of recording, it is a 64gig drive.'s

Thing to do is have 2 or 3 of them and swap them out weekly.
so if something disappears a day or 2 before swap out and not noticed, it can be still be reviewed.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:23:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Too close to home.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.