Sissy Bar without Rails (Read 61 times)
PMo85
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso,Tx
Sissy Bar without Rails
02/13/15 at 10:10:33

Anyone know of a product or way to put a Sissy Bar on without the rails on the fender?

2013 S40, K&N Air Filter, NGK Iridium Spark Plug, Motul 4T 300V Double Ester Oil 10W40, K&N Oil Filter, Dyna Muffler, 6 Sigma Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: Sissy Bar without Rails
Reply #1 - 02/14/15 at 08:27:09

Years ago they used to attach to the shock mounts and whatever holes were available far back on the frame.  Since the most rearward thing on our frames is the shock mounts, you might be able to use some of the holes in the fender for the rearward mount. That is, if you still have the stock fender.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Sissy Bar without Rails
Reply #2 - 02/14/15 at 09:57:46

License plates on these bikes tend to break. I've seen the fender swing violently under acceleration. Would a sissy bar damp that? We have not had reports that a sissy bar made it worse, but IDK if any have been installed without the OEM fender braces. Best I can tell the fender only gets crazy at a certain RPM range and then only under hard acceleration,,which doesn't exactly make sense to me,but I was only able to see it happening once and my daughter was accelerating away from me and she was All Over it..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:23:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sissy Bar without Rails

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.