Send Topic Print
All done! (for now)... (Read 87 times)
Skiprrdog
YaBB Newbies

are we there yet?

Tucson, AZ
All done! (for now)...
02/12/15 at 20:45:13

Well, my Suzuki Savage odyssey that started at the end of December is over, for now. Did not think to take before pictures, but it didn't look anything like this. Next up, possibly a Ryca bobber conversion, some piston and cam work, a different carburetor... er what's that honey? No, I am talking about someone else's bike, I *promise* I am not going to spend another dollar on this one  Wink

DSCF0001.JPG

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day; Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: All done! (for now)...
Reply #1 - 02/12/15 at 20:47:30

...at least not for the next week...   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Skiprrdog
YaBB Newbies

are we there yet?

Tucson, AZ
Reply #2 - 02/12/15 at 20:51:08

Yeah, at least not until after Valentines Day Roll Eyes

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day; Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
  IP Logged
bobthekerr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/13/15 at 07:18:04

Yup. I had my front fender off for about a week, until I had to run through a river of drainage water, about 1/2" deep and about 300 ft long. It was like someone took a 5 gal bucket of water and just threw it in my face. I had to pull over I WAS laughing at myself so hard.

« Last Edit: 02/13/15 at 10:19:31 by Dave »  
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 02/13/15 at 10:19:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/09/15 at 21:45:27:
After the miles add up and the sand and gravel and water from the road have hit you in the throat you may decide that the front fender is more than just a" clever" thing.

One long wet day in the saddle is all it took to convince me.  The spray from the front tire made a high/tall/narrow wall of water that came back into my face shield.  The water spray was about an inch wide....and when I rode though an area where they were doing road work earlier in the day - I got a nice brown clay racing stripe down my face shield and jacket.  The tire also threw gallons of water up the engine, under the fuel tank, on top of the cylinder head.

If you only ride in the dry....the worst that will happen is that occasionally sand and gravel gets thrown up in your face.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:16:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › All done! (for now)...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.