Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Getting into the wind more (Read 80 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Getting into the wind more
02/12/15 at 12:36:55

I have a motorcycle, a Triumph Bonneville, I love my motorcycle, I love riding motorcycles, but I'm feeling guilty that I'm not riding more.

when I had my S-40, I rode a lot to and from work, now if it's just a little chilly, (in the 60s) I don't ride to work because I'll be riding home at 11pm when it's low 50s. or at least that's the excuse I use to rationalize it.

I have no good excuses for not riding, but I know that I value life much much more when I do ride. I should ride more because it makes me feel better, works as a great anti-depressant.  

maybe I need to get rid of my car . .    Wink

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Getting into the wind more
Reply #1 - 02/12/15 at 12:42:49

Maybe a windshield would fight the" it is too cold" excuse.  
Oddly, perhaps the Bonnie doesn't quite suit you like the Savage did?

Well, you have identified the issue; the easy solution is to throw a leg over  Bonnie and ride- don't think about it, just do it. Cheesy

Good luck with it.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 02/12/15 at 12:44:37

You will never see a motorcycle parked outside of a Psychiatrist's Office.
(Unless the Dr. rode it to work).  Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 02/12/15 at 13:54:09

Well, if you need some motivation, maybe this will help. Some of us can only DREAM that the temp is in the low 50's. That's perfect riding weather around here. Smiley

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/14623:4:US?phenomena=WC&s...

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #4 - 02/12/15 at 17:46:23

LostArtist wrote on 02/12/15 at 12:36:55:
I should ride more because it makes me feel better, works as a great anti-depressant.  

AMEN!!!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #5 - 02/12/15 at 18:26:12

I ride all year round. Here it gets down to the upper 30's in the evening in December and January.
For cold weather I use:
- Tourmaster jacket ($200)
- Tourmaster overpants ($150)
- Hybrid, full face  helment ($200).
- Pinlock fog shield ($50).

On my winter bike, a Suzuki DL650, I have hand guards (a big help) and heated grips (I only turn them on when it's below 45 degrees).

The windshield makes a big difference. When I put a Plexifairing on my Savage, that alone made me more interested in riding in colder weather. (It sucks when it rains - no wiper). Now I use a chest level shield, and with the full face helmet, that keeps me warm and mostly dry. I can wipe the rain off my visor with my thumb.

I gave my car to my daughter, so far, I haven't missed it much - it would be nice to have a place to put my coffee, and I do miss the windshield wipers. Smiley

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 02/13/15 at 03:04:08

I do NOT do "cage" if I can avoid it.

I do not wear specialized motorcycle clothing -- since retirement that means lightweight slacks, Hawaiian shirts, a jacket if it chilly.  I have a mid-sized windshield, that covers the hands as well, and I am comfortable down to 60F.   So far this year I haven't dress my scoot, but last year I was comfortable at 50F.   I have a leg cover and handle muffs and I can ride all year -- even in the rain.

I have an Ejection Factor of 25% and I can't stand cold.  You would probably just need handle muffs to keep your hands warm.   Muffs are better than bulky gloves.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 02/13/15 at 22:09:02

So many of life's little issues just melt away when riding. It's such good therapy... and NOWHERE is it more called for than in your case.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:25:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Getting into the wind more

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.