Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cable extensions for 12" mini apes? (Read 55 times)
bobthekerr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cable extensions for 12" mini apes?
02/11/15 at 12:28:46

Looking at putting on a 12" z bar mini ape for my savage.

Where is a good place to find cable extensions (brake/clutch) for the savage, are they universal, or model specific?

Do they make extension for the "on/off" switch? Can I just get longer wiring and DIY it, otherwise I'll probably just mount it at the base of the bars where they meet the clamps.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Cable extensions for 12" mini apes?
Reply #1 - 02/17/15 at 04:14:00

Scan down the index to this Rubber Side Down Section - there are several discussions going on about handlebars, and the answer to the length question may be in one of those.

The early Buckhorn handlebars had the longest cables, later drag bar bikes had shorter cables.  The Savage does not have a lot in common with other bikes - so you will not find much that is universal or made to fit our specific bike.

If your electric wires no longer fit....you will just have to take the wiring harness apart and splice in some longer wires.  You can make your own clutch and trottle cables by ordering a kit from Venhill...you have to know how to solder well, and don't use the flux made for copper pipe as it doesn't work on steel.  You can also order longer brake hoses from them if you need a longer one.
http://www.venhillusa.com/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 18:20:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cable extensions for 12" mini apes?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.