paulchristi
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

My other bike is a
surfboard

Tucson, Arizona
Aft Muffler Mount
02/05/15 at 16:38:42

I removed my exhaust to install a Verslavy, and I'm a bit confused because the parts diagram doesn't look like what came off my stock bike.   Hopefully someone can help enlighten me......

Here's the diagram:
http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/506b3687f870022ba8af9e11/muffler

The diagram shows a spacer, cushion, washer, nut; these attach to the studs welded on the muffler.  Note that only one group of fasteners is shown, while the muffler actually has two studs to correspond with the two holes shown on the muffler stay.

What came off of my bike was two nuts, two washers, and one spacer.  This is the first time my exhaust has been removed since I got the bike from a dealer.

So what gives, so I need to order two cushions and one spacer to reinstall my exhaust correctly?

Thanks!

Paul Christiansen
Tucson, AZ

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Aft Muffler Mount
Reply #1 - 02/05/15 at 16:46:49

How many miles have YOU put on the bike?
Have you noticed the exhaust being unstable or vibrating, noisy, anything that would make you feel like it Needs more nuts and bolts?
If you don't have enough junk layin around to fake up some kinda vibration absorbing exhaust mounting gizmo and you are not comfortable with putting it back like it was, then,yeah, you'll hafta spend a few bucks...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 02/05/15 at 16:54:21

Bikes are shipped to dealers in a box (some assembly required)...
You're at the mercy of the lowest on the totem pole putz that gets stuck putting them together... so there's a few parts missing...
If you want it factory perfect,... you need to get the missing rubbers...

I bet 90% of bikes bought new have a few bits missing... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
paulchristi
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

My other bike is a
surfboard

Tucson, Arizona
Reply #3 - 02/05/15 at 16:57:18

Thanks for the quick reply....I've got 21K.  I did notice that the header nuts seemed not tight at all, so maybe my exhaust mounting hasn't been optimum.  Nothing that I notice, but if I do it up properly I might be able to notice an improvement, maybe.  I could use a piece of fuel hose for the cushion and use a larger nut for a spacer, but in the end I'll probably spend about $15 for OEM parts.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 02/05/15 at 17:04:49

Try Ace Hardware,... they have a nice selection of rubber grommets...
Way cheaper than the dealer... Wink...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/05/15 at 17:48:43

How sloppy was the chain?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 02/06/15 at 04:17:00

The parts diagram only shows one of each in the photo - but when you drop down to the parts listing it will show that 2 are required.  They try to simplify the drawing portion to make it a bit less cumbersome and confusing. (If you look at the wheels they don't show you all 36 spokes, or all 6 of the rubber dampers for the pulley hub, etc.).

The stock rubber grommets from the dealer are about $ 3.50 each, the spacer is a bit less then $ 2.00.  For less than $ 15 you can get everything you need from the dealer to make it right.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #7 - 02/06/15 at 08:22:09

Be careful with the header nuts; recommendations from the ex-spurts here is finger tight with a 1/4" ratchet handle.  And use anti-seize.

paulchristi wrote on 02/05/15 at 16:57:18:
Thanks for the quick reply....I've got 21K.  I did notice that the header nuts seemed not tight at all, so maybe my exhaust mounting hasn't been optimum.  Nothing that I notice, but if I do it up properly I might be able to notice an improvement, maybe.  I could use a piece of fuel hose for the cushion and use a larger nut for a spacer, but in the end I'll probably spend about $15 for OEM parts.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 02/06/15 at 09:42:03

Tocsik wrote on 02/06/15 at 08:22:09:
Be careful with the header nuts; recommendations from the ex-spurts here is finger tight with a 1/4" ratchet handle.  And use anti-seize.

I dunno about the other eggports, but this one applies anti-seize then torques to 20 ft-lbs

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 02/06/15 at 09:57:08

4 out of 5 exsquirts agree to disagree... Huh...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:20:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Aft Muffler Mount

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.