Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bike is cutting off on deceleration (Read 192 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Bike is cutting off on deceleration
Reply #15 - 02/08/15 at 09:22:41

wish I had no E gas here
I can buy av gas and that's non e, but it's high priced

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 02/08/15 at 10:16:31

If mine hadn't growled and grumbled and occasionally farted loudly I would not have enjoyed it as much as I did. Like a hot rod car, it snarled on acceleration AND deceleration,, Not to say that there was not a time when an exhaust leak didn't have me embarrassed to ride with people. I hadn't found this place yet. And I don't have the brass to AntiSeize those skinny little bolts and torque them to 20 foot pounds like Verslagen..
So, Know it's not leaking first, then tune it to run as strong as it will, then, the notes it sings as it runs through it's range are just the machines sounds..a different exhaust will create a different sound. Finding one that doesn't choke the performance or create an obnoxious,raspy on the nerves kinda sound, Supertrap does that, but, they are expensive,, but they do build a short one that might fit the look you're after..

How high are you wanting it to go? Would your design invite rain into the pipe? Would that even matter if it did?

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but classmates in college Thanked me for asking the questions that helped them make A's.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
KiwiGeek
YaBB Newbies

I backfire so that
you know I am there!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #17 - 02/15/15 at 00:19:57

This thread was helpful. I have just bought my S40 and was trying to decide which local petrol station to visit. One is cheaper but an e10 blend the other is more expensive but is not an e10 blend. I think I will stick with the non e10 blend

Member - Ulysses Club, Auckland branch.

http://www.ulyssesauckland.org.nz/
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #18 - 02/15/15 at 18:58:21

Mine runs better on non-ethanol gas.
It's smoother, sounds better, doesn't make quite as much noise.  Hard to explain....it just feels better.  It also gets slightly better mileage.

I do like all the little burbles and pops and the nice bang after I shut it off.  Gives it character.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 02/16/15 at 07:53:42

Steve H wrote on 02/15/15 at 18:58:21:
Mine runs better on non-ethanol gas.
It's smoother, sounds better, doesn't make quite as much noise.  Hard to explain....it just feels better.  It also gets slightly better mileage.

I do like all the little burbles and pops and the nice bang after I shut it off.  Gives it character.

I do believe the TEV (Throttle Enrichment Valve) was most likely set up to run with non-ethanol fuel....and the E10 fuel does lean out the mixture a bit as the ethanol needs more air for compete combustion than gasoline does.  

I need to look at a carb when it is apart....and see if there is any way to make the TEV flow a bit more fuel than it does stock.  Some folks mess with the spring to allow it to come on sooner - but I believe the key to success would be to flow a bit more fuel when the TEV operates.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:18:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike is cutting off on deceleration

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.