J&P Cycles Dyna (Read 80 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
J&P Cycles Dyna
01/29/15 at 23:39:03

J&P have a "DYNA" muffler, 16 1/2" for $33.00 but can't tell me if it's baffled or straight through. Anyone tried it?

Those $20.00 Harley cast-offs everyone talks about are pretty scarce around here, and I'm not sure I want to gamble with e-bay. Huh

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: J&P Cycles Dyna
Reply #1 - 01/30/15 at 04:13:03

zipidachimp wrote on 01/29/15 at 23:39:03:
J&P have a "DYNA" muffler, 16 1/2" for $33.00 but can't tell me if it's baffled or straight through. Anyone tried it?

Those $20.00 Harley cast-offs everyone talks about are pretty scarce around here, and I'm not sure I want to gamble with e-bay. Huh

Can you post a link....so we all don't have to try and search to find what you are talking about?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Silverhippi

BigSingle for
Life!!!

Valdosta, Ga
Reply #2 - 01/30/15 at 04:17:31

I have the J&P shorty muffler. It HAD some crappy baffling that ultimately was blown out of the pipe and now it is straight through. Also the weld on the mounting bolt came loose, so had to tack that back on. It is really loud, which I am ok with. Took a good bit of work/modification to get it mounted and ultimately I wrapped it. I wear ear plugs when I'm riding, inside my full face helmet, to give you an idea of the volume level.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 01/30/15 at 06:21:57

that one reply would have me searching eBay.
A gin yew wine HD DYNA isn't gonna fall apart, sounds nice, and will prove to be a small performance boost AND they are easy to jet to.
And, IMO, THE best looking muffler for the bike. I had a $400.00 Supertrap and wish I had spent $375.00 of that on gas and tires. And slapped a Dyna on it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 01/30/15 at 11:20:28

sorry, guys,  here:
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/450-298
looks like it, at least.

IP Logged
Silverhippi

BigSingle for
Life!!!

Valdosta, Ga
Reply #5 - 01/30/15 at 13:32:41

MIne is probably the slash cut version of that. Definitely not the highest of quality but a pipe for exhaust to flow through.

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #6 - 01/30/15 at 14:02:19

here's mine. genuine harley with baffles, not a knock-off.

I followed the dyna install instructions on the forum. Like the look, like the sound, and for $20 with the heat shield you can't beat it!

Note: the so called harley heat shield is more of a cosmetic cover and thinner than the stock shield.  I had to step it off the muffler and header about 1/2 inch with some home-made spacers/brackets and it's now 'warm' to the touch after parking and not burning hot as it was when it was strapped down snug.

So...if someone sells you the harley shield with the pipe I recommend doing what I did to reduce burning your pants.

Smiley

IMG-20140912-02194_001.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:23:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › J&P Cycles Dyna

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.