Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Now that's what I call dragging a knee (Read 303 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Now that's what I call dragging a knee
Reply #15 - 01/31/15 at 11:00:34

any turn you can wheelie away from is a good turn.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #16 - 01/31/15 at 11:49:31

just wow

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #17 - 02/02/15 at 02:58:59

Justin, Art: head out to Austin, April 12, COTA  Moto-GP see it in person! Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 02/02/15 at 05:33:19

Went to Oktoberfest once, saw boat and bike racing. I was young and it was fun. The trip there would take 2days in a hotel to get over.. so, much as I'd like to watch,, snot pawssibull.. I was hanging out in Austin back when Hamilton pool still had a rope swing and Taco Flats was just outta city limits.
Say, round about 78,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #19 - 02/02/15 at 11:31:29

Love to, but I work most weekends'
JOG, I were in Austin back then, but woulda been 11 (turning 12 in October) don't think they'da let me in at Oktoberfest  Grin

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #20 - 02/02/15 at 14:32:57

If you like this, I highly suggest you check out videos from the Isle of Man races.  I've been an admirer of this race for years and just can't imagine how to sit on the saddle with balls that big.  Speeds aren't quite as high as Moto GP but it's on public roads.  Be sure and check out the Paddock Girls, too.
Here's a nice clip from 2013.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmb23hwLVs

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #21 - 02/03/15 at 13:33:19

Oh man, that guy at the end
I doubt he survived
this are some really ballsy riders, and poetry in motion on their bikes

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #22 - 02/03/15 at 18:25:55

Yup the fella at the end, hit a stone wall down on the bottom.....wow..... Embarrassed

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #23 - 02/03/15 at 19:08:53

darn  Sad

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #24 - 02/03/15 at 19:51:31

Regrettable fact of life, the TT has always exacted a toll.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #25 - 02/03/15 at 20:24:52

yes, I know
Paul Walker (car guy, not moto) always said 'if the speed takes me, don't mourn, I died doing what I love' I'm sure that goes fir the TT guys, too, but I still has a sad

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 02/03/15 at 20:42:10

I've played close to the fire enough to get burned,, those guys are playing a LOT Harder, a much BIGGER fire, more time to make a mistake and less room to compensate, that the number being killed isn't so high that they stop racing there is amazing. They clear a hill and wobble,, looks terrifying. They have to get it straight and lined up for a turn.. amazing riding.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #27 - 02/04/15 at 03:50:57

While I am not one that supports over regulation - it does appear that the technology and speed of the bikes has exceeded the limitations of the environment. "Between 1907 and 2014 there have been 245 rider competitor fatalities during official practices or races".  That calculates to 2.3 riders each year......and I bet that there were very few riders killed in the early years.  In 1970 there were 6 riders killed.

I read this quote in Wikipedia, and this sounds more like what the roads could handle:   "The winner of the single-cylinder class, and overall winner of the first event in 1907, was Charlie Collier riding a Matchless motorcycle in a time of 4 hours, 8 minutes and 8 seconds at an average race speed of 38.21 mph. The winner of the twin-cylinder class was Rem Fowler riding a Peugeot engined Norton in a time of 4 hours 21 minutes and 52 seconds at an average race speed of 36.21 mph."

Maybe the Isle of Man needs to return to the type of bikes the roads can handle safely...either vintage racing or limit the racers to single cylinders.  I can't see how the number of deaths will decrease when motorcycles are getting more HP and more speed every year.

« Last Edit: 02/04/15 at 08:34:44 by Dave »  

Kneeslider.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 02/04/15 at 08:27:05

I'd like to visit,off the record,with a few winners of that race and see what they say.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #29 - 02/04/15 at 12:21:13

Dave wrote on 02/04/15 at 03:50:57:
While I am not one that supports over regulation - it does appear that the technology and speed of the bikes has exceeded the limitations of the environment. "Between 1907 and 2014 there have been 245 rider competitor fatalities during official practices or races".  That calculates to 2.3 riders each year......and I bet that there were very few riders killed in the early years.  In 1970 there were 6 riders killed.

I read this quote in Wikipedia, and this sounds more like what the roads could handle:   "The winner of the single-cylinder class, and overall winner of the first event in 1907, was Charlie Collier riding a Matchless motorcycle in a time of 4 hours, 8 minutes and 8 seconds at an average race speed of 38.21 mph. The winner of the twin-cylinder class was Rem Fowler riding a Peugeot engined Norton in a time of 4 hours 21 minutes and 52 seconds at an average race speed of 36.21 mph."

Maybe the Isle of Man needs to return to the type of bikes the roads can handle safely...either vintage racing or limit the racers to single cylinders.  I can't see how the number of deaths will decrease when motorcycles are getting more HP and more speed every year.

sorta like the 'twins' division Harley initiated?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:36:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Now that's what I call dragging a knee

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.