Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A little thank you goes a long way (hopefully) (Read 161 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: A little thank you goes a long way (hopefully)
Reply #15 - 01/29/15 at 21:01:29

back when I was in a garage band, the music store I bought my strings at had a sign over the counter'Prices subject to change according to attitude' and they meant it
I never even saw it, one day I remarked to the cashier how  much I appreciated the fact that they always sold me strings at 50% the MSRP listed on the package, and he pointed out the sign
the next customer, a self important jackass, was charged full price  Cool

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #16 - 01/30/15 at 05:00:23

I have followed this thread with interest, I'm all in on this! A little thank you goes a long ways, hopefully, most of the time. But you never can tell. Really this is not just about thankfulness, but about common courtesy, just treating people right, the way you would like to be treated. Nothing complicated or hard to get about that. Jesus said in Luke 6:31, "Do to others as you would have them do to you." (I am a preacher, after all, had to throw that in  Wink )

And yet for some people that seems nearly impossible to do.

Years ago our local hospital would let the preachers look at the list of patients, this was before the privacy laws and such. That changed and you had to ask for the person by name to find their room number. Eventually they started making all visitors sign in and get a sticker for your shirt, to show you had signed in, it took all of 3 minutes, maybe. One local preacher ranted and raved about all of that. He didn't need their sticker, their permission, he wanted to see the lists, blah, blah, blah.

I went in one day and just asked the lady at the desk, probably a volunteer, about this. You know me, I come in here all the time, I understand you are just doing what you are told to do, other hospitals have ID badges for us preachers, just made small talk, and she lit up, said she was going to bring it up at the next meeting. I got my info, signed my name, got my sticker, thanked her, and went on my way.

A couple of weeks later, she called me off to the side, like she had a big secret, said they were going to start giving ID badges to the preachers in a couple of weeks, but if I went to a certain room, I could go ahead and get mine. I thanked her, went on down there, had my picture made, and went on my way with my brand new ID badge.

Again, just treat people right, common courtesy, common sense (but I realize that flower does not grow in everyone's garden). I, and I know many people, just try to live in such a way that brings a little light, a little hope, a little something better to the people they come in contact with.

It's like a one cylinder motorcycle, it ain't rocket science!  Cheesy

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 01/30/15 at 06:11:04

AND, in recent years, Now, I dunno,  maybe I just Wanna believe this, or, maybe my behavior is part of the equation, BUT, I think customer service is just simply improving generally..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #18 - 01/30/15 at 22:03:42

the local public radio station was setting up an auction in the meeting rooms yesterday

got a call from the front desk if id come down
lady there said she needed a screw for the bicycle they were giving away as a door prize..gotter done

tonite the heat was too high in that same area..gotter done
later I walking down a side hall and the lady from last nite says,"thank you for the screw last nite"
being the jovial man I am I put my hand on her shoulder and  say,
"mamm?"
she turns red and we both had a good laugh

lil while later tonites lady found me in the same hall and thanks me for turning the heat down  
I proceeded to tell her the screw story and had a good laugh with her
and then said,"don't tell my wife"

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #19 - 01/31/15 at 18:18:24

good one thumperclone. made me giggle.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:21:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › A little thank you goes a long way (hopefully)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.