@#$%^&*() Airbox!!! (Read 82 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
@#$%^&*() Airbox!!!
01/26/15 at 20:29:08

Of course, my manual does not mention the hidden bolt at the bottom of the airbox, which explains why it took me an hour to get it out. It simply states 'rotate it forward'. In a pigs' eye! The drain pipe wouldn't drain all the oil, so of course it spilled all over the frame and floor. Anyway, the box broke off at the bolt and it then came out sideways. Drat!!  Angry Angry

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: @#$%^&*() Airbox!!!
Reply #1 - 01/26/15 at 20:43:25

If you need a new one I saw one at Pinwall Cycles ebay store.  Type in Pinwall Cycles on the search engine and their site will have a link to their ebay store.  I've got some odds and ends from them with fast shipping, very reasonable costs. and no complaints.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 01/26/15 at 20:47:09

I gotta cool down first!!  Thanks!

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #3 - 01/26/15 at 22:37:54

zipidachimp wrote on 01/26/15 at 20:29:08:
Of course, my manual does not mention the hidden bolt at the bottom of the airbox, which explains why it took me an hour to get it out. It simply states 'rotate it forward'. In a pigs' eye! The drain pipe wouldn't drain all the oil, so of course it spilled all over the frame and floor. Anyway, the box broke off at the bolt and it then came out sideways. Drat!!  Angry Angry

If you have a soldering iron you can melt it back together.  Wink put the two pieces together like your going to glue it and gently press the hot iron on the join. Do it all the way around the join.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 01/26/15 at 23:11:27

I'll take some time with a ruler and design something to accomodate an airbox, the large battery and possibly a K&N filter IN an airbox. It will definitely be simpler than the stock parts.
I still have to figure out where all that bloody oil came from that ended up in the airbox.

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #5 - 01/26/15 at 23:49:30

zipidachimp wrote on 01/26/15 at 23:11:27:
I'll take some time with a ruler and design something to accomodate an airbox, the large battery and possibly a K&N filter IN an airbox. It will definitely be simpler than the stock parts.
I still have to figure out where all that bloody oil came from that ended up in the airbox.

The oil prob came from the crank case breather.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:24:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › @#$%^&*() Airbox!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.