2015 Bike Show (Read 69 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
2015 Bike Show
01/24/15 at 01:37:24

Vancouver Bike Show is on now. As suspected, My 70 year old knees will no longer let me anywhere near a 'sportbike'. Otherwise the one bike I would have no hesitation buying is the Yam FZ07. Fast, well made, underpriced to the market, this will be a big winner for Yam in canada. The other bike that will be a big winner is the new Ducati Scrambler. Beautiful, well made, better in person than pictures, 4 varieties, well priced.
The one bike my knees can handle is the new Kaw Vulcan S. 3 sizes(?) available, nicely done, no more spoke wheels, faster than the v-twin competition, $8000. Not inpressed by the HD500/750. Cruisers aren't going away, but appear to be declining.
Big crowd tonight. Cheesy
ps: The Polaris Slingshot is a grossly large travesty of a vehicle. How this got beyond the design stage is a mystery. 3-wheeled sports car, not a motorcycle. should have been marketed as a modern Morgan or something. Polaris will probably regret bringing this to market. YUCK! Shocked

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 2015 Bike Show
Reply #1 - 01/24/15 at 02:49:34

I have a neighbor that is in love with the Honda CTC 1300.  It is basically the ST1300 Touring bike converted into a low slung cruiser.  It is a nice looking bike, and I have no doubt it would be a bike that could easily go 200,000 miles just like the ST1100 and ST1300.

I looked up the Polaris Slingshot.  Not something I would want - but I betcha they sell a lot of them.  The weird thing is that they can only build and sell that because it is a 3 wheeler - bolt on a conversion to a pair of rear wheels and it would have to meet DOT crash standards, EPA air quality standards,etc. - and could no longer be sold in the US.....weird!  You can only have 2 or 3 wheels if you want to avoid airbags and crush zones.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 01/24/15 at 05:28:42

Two states, Texas and CT, have already said the Slingshot cannot be sold there because it's not a motorcycle due to the side by side seating, and it doesn't meet the safety regs required of cars. I won't be surprised if other states come to the same conclusion. While the Slingshot is way too expensive for my tastes, I still think it would be fun to drive.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Vulcan S when they show up at the dealers. I've always been a fan of that engine.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #3 - 01/24/15 at 06:20:34

For What It Is Worth

Some say they are not be able to sell the SlingShot in Texas, but Cycle Center of Denton, TX has one on display and I know they have taken deposits on 5 of them.

I will try to find out if they have delivered any SlingShots.

Kenny G

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 01/24/15 at 06:35:17

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/13/texas-polaris-slingshot-registration/

Looks like the problem in Texas might be with the DMV. You can buy one, but you can't drive it on the road cause they won't let you register it. I hope they get it worked out.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 01/24/15 at 06:52:25

oldNslow wrote on 01/24/15 at 06:35:17:
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/13/texas-polaris-slingshot-registration/

Looks like the problem in Texas might be with the DMV. You can buy one, but you can't drive it on the road cause they won't let you register it. I hope they get it worked out.

Maybe they have. At least in Texas. Read the last paragraph.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/21/polaris-slingshot-banned-connecticut-legis...

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #6 - 01/24/15 at 07:49:45

I'd buy one as a fun second car for around $25K, looks like a blast!   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #7 - 01/24/15 at 12:19:43

the Slingshot up close is way bigger than it looks on youtube.
By the way, the drive belt on Zero electric bikes is only 1/2" wide!! looks like an elastic band.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 01/24/15 at 16:23:27

Zip... why no sport bike? There are a few lighter than the savage... and the seating position on mine is about like sitting in a hard backed chair.
You can change the peg positions to the rear if you would need to also.

The ninja 300 I have is way more comfortable to ride than the savage is for me at the moment, since my back is screwy, and the bike only weighs around 360lbs.

Just curious mind you... there are a couple of 70 year olds on the ninja 300 forum I am in.... they like it.

I had to sell my Harley road glide because of week legs.... I am getting stronger now and still think selling it was a good idea Tongue

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #9 - 01/24/15 at 19:40:11

If my knees are bent back, they have a nasty habit of locking up, arthritis etc, I need my feet forward!
There were 2 thruxtons on sale less than $8000. If they were feet forward, 1 of them would be gone! Grin

IP Logged
Flint

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks Alberta!

Reply #10 - 01/24/15 at 20:19:59

I considered the FZ07, decent price, low weight and good horsepower.  The only thing is they are butt ugly.  All the angular lines made it look like one of those transformer toys kids play with.

The Ducati Scrambler looks more like a real bike should.  I was looking for a bike for my youngest son and thought the S40 would be perfect for him.  After sitting on one in the showroom I decided it was perfect for me Smiley

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #11 - 01/25/15 at 00:28:52

Flint: when you're riding it, you can't tell what it looks like.  As far as ugly goes, you're riding an S40?
Probably why so many of us are making changes.
The engine is what sold me! Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:23:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2015 Bike Show

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.