Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is this a good deal for a savage? (Read 267 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Is this a good deal for a savage?
Reply #15 - 01/20/15 at 18:20:39

on my rebel forum the consensus is that the Blast is a POS, based on the opinion of some MSF instructors on the site that had them as 'loaner bikes' for the BRC (the bikes of choice for that seen to be the Rebel and the Ninja 250)

Basically HD forced Eric to make these so they'd have 'beginner bikes' to use in their own BRC courses, which included pressure tactics to get you to buy a Hog, of course, and he did it under protest, and put as much thought into it as you would expect someone to who was being pushed into it

IP Logged
Flint

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks Alberta!

Reply #16 - 01/20/15 at 19:25:05

You fellows down south are fortunate in the price for a used Suzuki S40.  Last spring my older brother wanted to buy one.  The cheapest we saw was around $4000 used and it was pretty clapped out.

I found the same thing this fall.  $4300 for a 2009.  New out the door was $5900 Canadian which equals $4956 U.S.  Harleys and Sport bikes depreciate real quick here but any dual sport,  Savage/S40, Yamaha XT500's or old British bikes like Vincents or Nortons hold their price well.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 01/20/15 at 20:22:21

If you can find a fair deal then you can justify a bus down and a ride home.
Adventure vacation..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 01/23/15 at 09:13:00

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/20/15 at 20:22:21:
Adventure vacation..

Yea.....and you would have the added adventure of figuring out how to get the bike back across the border and titled in Canada!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Flint

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks Alberta!

Reply #19 - 01/23/15 at 11:05:24

My daughter is finding out about importing a car.  She had lived in California for 14 years and just moved back.  She brought her 2005 Crown Vic back with her as it is in perfect condition, she bought it new in California.  

Nothing but bureacratic hassle from the government.  Crown Vics were all made in Canada  Huh  The world would run a lot smoother with 1/2 the government layed off.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #20 - 01/23/15 at 12:48:28

IP Logged
Sterns
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Milford, CT
Reply #21 - 01/23/15 at 16:53:11

Well I bought the savage today. I paid 1450 otd, so about $1200 before tax,reg,etc. . While not the best price, I can't complain about getting a great running bike for such little money. Not having to go to the dmv was also a plus. I didn't here any chatter from the cam chain and the motor sounded really smooth. There was oil on the fins, so the head plug is a must. I will be doing the tensioner as well. Very clean bike, you couldn't tell it was a 96. I'm happy to join the savage community!

« Last Edit: 01/23/15 at 21:26:10 by Sterns »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 01/23/15 at 20:05:33

Dave wrote on 01/23/15 at 09:13:00:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/20/15 at 20:22:21:
Adventure vacation..

Yea.....and you would have the added adventure of figuring out how to get the bike back across the border and titled in Canada!

Ya know,Dave, I never even thought about that.. I don't know if or how or anything about that kinda title changing business.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #23 - 01/24/15 at 00:26:51

Sterns wrote on 01/23/15 at 16:53:11:
Well I bought the savage today. I paid 1450 otd, so about $1200 before tax,reg,etc. . While not the best price, I can't complain about getting a great running bike for such little money. Not having to go to the dmv was also a plus. I didn't here any chatter from the cam chain and the motor sounded really smooth. There was oil on the fins, so the head plug is a must. I will be doing the tensioner as well. Very clean bike, you couldn't tell it was a 96. I'm happy to join the savage community!

Good job!   These guys can talk you through anything! LOL... i'll throw my 3 cents in now and again....hopefully not stumbling around LOL....
Hope to see your posts on your mods or builds.... Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #24 - 01/24/15 at 01:04:04

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:27:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is this a good deal for a savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.