Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is with Paypal ???? (Read 99 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
What is with Paypal ????
01/17/15 at 04:43:05

Paypal used to be a simple payment service, you gave them a charge card number to get paid with and made your purchases and everything was neat and simple and it all took place behind the scenes.    You tracked the purchases and payments by looking at your charge card statement.

Now you get "seemingly are getting dunned" with a repeated PAYPAL billing statement that shows you owe them money all the time.   It seems to be just a monthly roll up of your activity and they are still get paid by the charge card company whenever they make the effort to get paid.

They also use any "lateness" within their own system to charge you interest because they were late billing the charge card company.

Now you are also getting coerced into linking your bank account information with Paypal because unless you do you are not "Paypal Certified".

Paypal is beginning to suck, strongly .....   Paypal wants to become a charge card company and a bank and they are being all stupid about it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: What is with Paypal ????
Reply #1 - 01/17/15 at 05:08:31

Oldfeller are you not using a credit card anymore as your payment method? I use PP all the time with a credit card and never get any alerts or notices, it just gets paid automatically as you said it used to be for you. Check your account settings to see if anything is out of sort  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/17/15 at 06:52:30

A couple years ago they started pestering me about linking a bank account with them and finally they quit processing a payment.  I looked around online and found out this was standard harassment and one lady gave me an email account at Paypal where you could directly communicate with their personnel.  I wrote them a polite note telling them I liked the service but would never, ever link a bank account to it.  They wrote a nice letter back and have never bothered me since.  I'll look for that address, maybe it is still around somewhere, and give it to you if I can find it.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 01/17/15 at 10:26:52

I got the "link to your bank" notice years ago.... ignored it.... it went away.
I use paypal for all my online stuff.... uses just one of my cards... easier to keep track of buying stuff.
I got "online certified" by sending an email and they sent back one with a link I clicked on.
I do get several paypal emails weekly... some I look at.... most I dump because the title insinuates an advertisement, if it says "billing info" I open it.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/17/15 at 11:47:59

Here is one address, it may be one where they ignore all the email or it might be the one they respond to, can't remember.  
Good luck.

cardproblems@paypal.com

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 01/17/15 at 21:04:05

It still works good for me :  Takes money out of my checking when I buy something and puts money into checking when I sell .   Either you trust them or  ---- you don't  !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #6 - 01/18/15 at 00:51:06

It may be that I have accidentally lapped over from the casual side to the professional side of Paypal as I have all sorts of buy and sell money moving ability now that I don't need and a six months credit line that I didn't ask for.

Oh well -- I liked simple Ebay and simple Paypal just fine, but maybe I'll get used to the billing statements.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #7 - 01/18/15 at 04:20:31

Yea I miss simple EBAY too, man it's gotten so expensive to sell things and I've had a run of idiot buyers trying to dispute purchases which is a huge hassle. I sell a lot of cell phones and parts but I am very upfront and make a point of listing anything wrong or even slightly off in every listing, EBAY has taken my side after going over all the info at the end of each dispute but it is a huge hassle. It sucks that so many people are just trying to get over and get things for free as of late. It used to be a nice way to make a few spare bucks on the side, but now it's not worth the hassle between the high percentage paid to EBAY and the scam artists trying to dispute everything....sigh  Undecided

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 01/18/15 at 15:53:44

Today, Flea Bay, OWNS,  Pirate Pay.

And you can, NOT,  sell on flebay,
unless you Accept, Pirate Pay.
(You can accept other forms of payment,
but you MUST, also accept Pirate Pay)

At one time even sold,  (GASP)  Guns on flea-bay.

Today, every dollar  you spend on flea-bay.
.04 - .07 cents, is Profit.
And, a VERY  HIGH, Percent of flea bay’s profit.
goes to,  ANTI-FREEDOM,   ANTI-GUN, causes.

Used to sell/buy on fleabay. Used to accept/send using Pirate Pay.

But just after flabby, BOUGHT Pirate Pay.
and, Pirate Pay, attempted to STEEL money from me.

Done !  

Their are LOTS of other places, to buy and sell from on the internet.
and LOTS of other ways to pay for those purchases.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 01/18/15 at 19:39:09

Well, I did open another checking account in town with another bank with the intent of using it for ebay selling using pay pal direct to bank transfers.
That account I now use for the "rides", if I get an extra 10 bucks or so I put it in there for the rides I want to attend....
LOL, I get a lot of calls from the bank, telling me I haven't accessed my account for 3 months...
As you can see... its kind of hard for me to get the extra 10 bucks...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #10 - 01/18/15 at 22:00:25

old_rider wrote on 01/18/15 at 19:39:09:
Well, I did open another checking account in town with another bank with the intent of using it for ebay selling using pay pal direct to bank transfers.

ditto. i have a separate account at a separate bank for online play stuff. if hackers get into my account, they wont stop me from paying the mortgage.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 01/19/15 at 07:14:45

When setting up or updating a Paypal account you can link it to either a bank or credit card account, or multiples thereof, your choice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:14:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › What is with Paypal ????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.