I kept my cool..... (Read 89 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
I kept my cool.....
01/12/15 at 16:30:17

So the loading of the ferry this morning was messed up....
I normally lay back and let the hop heads go first, as I am not interested in ego winning speeds.
But this morning I was second in line, two abreast. The gent adjacent to me on a harley dresser I knew was no speed demon either.  So I thought I would allow a break between him and me so these go fasters could get their fix.....
However, the two lanes in front (where the ferry empties)  had two slow cars and it got all bunched up.
Normally I take a short cut to work through some hills and windy roads, but I knew they did too, so I opted to stay on the main drag. It is just a two way road with 40MPH limit.
I got to the turn off, where I make a left into a turning lane, had my signal on and slowing as it was red....
This yahoo on a big Valkyrie jams by me on my left, after I had already entered my turning lane....
If I had moved a mere few inches further left into my lane, we would have tangled....
I never saw him until was abreast of me.
I am glad I ride in control and am not given to make impulsive maneuvers. I try and minimize my exposure to risk.
He had to brake hard as he was going too fast, or he would have ran into the intersection WHICH, took a good 4 minutes to turn green, yea, he saved some time there  Huh
I know this guy, he is older, he works where I do, but we don't wotk together. We park by each other tho.
I told him that could have been bad, as we were parking, he mumbled something, not sure what it was.
He doesn't seem to be a jerk, maybe had a lapse of judgement, not sure....
I am just glad I didn't. Bad enuff looking out for cagers, your own bro's should not put another rider at risk like that, they should know better.....

Be safe gang, always ride with your antennas up, you gotta catch that wave of danger before it catches you....

Peace!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: I kept my cool.....
Reply #1 - 01/13/15 at 03:39:43

Maybe you should put a flyer for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course on his bike.... Grin

They have recently changed an intersection on my route home.  We used to have 2 lanes that went through the light - now they have restricted us to a single lane through the intersection - so that the Interstate Highway Off ramp has unrestricted access to the right lane.  Some of us line up in the left lane way ahead of time, as the right lane disappears for us.  There are always a few very rude folks that stay in the right lane passing all of us lined up and they "bully" their way into the front of the line...they are unwilling to get in line and wait their turn.  I have started to go home a different route even though it is a bit longer.....I don't want to end up in an accident or fist fight!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 01/13/15 at 21:32:45

Dave , it still surprises me that anyone would let them back in line once they pull that trick.   Wink

I normally try to be as considerate  as possible without being a door-mat or inconveniencing the 10 folks behind me so the one person waiting for an imposible left turn can go sort of thing.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 01/14/15 at 07:51:25

Ray, nice glad to hear you avoided what
could have been a nasty accident.
Yes it is frustrating to have to watch out not
only for cagers yet other mc riders as well.
Stay alert and hopefully the other rider realizes
he needs to be more alert as well before it is
too late. Kim & Genie

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #4 - 01/14/15 at 11:01:27

Good for you...for both keeping your cool and being observant of your surroundings and not getting hurt.  Wink

I had a cage pull over onto me last year (I was swift enough to barely avoid a BAD wreck) and I was not so polite...and yelled, laid on the horn, and gave him a piece of my mind.

Stay safe out there.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:26:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › I kept my cool.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.