Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
feed tube for raptor, and front turn signals (Read 59 times)
Tony from tdot

Calling all Toronto
savage riders!

Toronto, Canada
feed tube for raptor, and front turn signals
01/08/15 at 11:27:26

Hello all,

I recently received my raptor from ebay, I may have gotten a chinese version. I bought it from the states, but im going to try it anyways to see how it works. My question is...when looking at the petcock from the front(where the turn handle is), is the long tube on the left and the short tube on the right, or vice versa?

Also, I bought aftermarket, 2 wire led turn signals. the rear wired up no problem, but the front stock signals have a third gray wire, which, reading the diagram, leads to the spedometer lights. What is my way around this to still have the spedometer lights woking?

Thanks for all your help.....from up north where its currently -30 C!!

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Re: feed tube for raptor, and front turn signals
Reply #1 - 01/08/15 at 11:45:15

Not sure I'm following on the feed tubes.But those go in the tank.The tall one is for "on" and the short one is for "R" or reserve.Just if they have caps on them,take them off.The front lights from the factory are running lights too.Most states do not require them.However some do.

Depending on the lights you bought.Some two wire aftermarket lights are Red + and black -  Some also have dual filament and ground through the body of the light.

I'm going to bet on 1 positive and 1 negative.

When you disconnect your stock lights,there is a wire on each side that is the same color,those would be the running lights.Tape those wires off.The turn wires are one side green and the other side black(I THINK)  
Those will be the positive.And the black with a white tracer is the ground.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #2 - 01/08/15 at 11:55:22

Tony from tdot wrote on 01/08/15 at 11:27:26:
Hello all,

I recently received my raptor from ebay, I may have gotten a chinese version. I bought it from the states, but im going to try it anyways to see how it works. My question is...when looking at the petcock from the front(where the turn handle is), is the long tube on the left and the short tube on the right, or vice versa?

Thanks for all your help.....from up north where its currently -30 C!!

Not trying to be a smart aleck, but there is really only one way to put the raptor on, with the switch facing out.

Maybe I see another question, are you trying to figure out if you got an original or a Chinese knockoff? I am pretty sure I got a knockoff, but it is working just fine. My tubes are in the tank, so I'm not going be much help there.

I'm from down south where it is a balmy 31* F or about 0* in C.  Smiley

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 01/08/15 at 11:58:17

Tony from tdot wrote on 01/08/15 at 11:27:26:
My question is...when looking at the petcock from the front(where the turn handle is), is the long tube on the left and the short tube on the right, or vice versa?

idk, but put the lever in the on position and put the long tube in the side you can blow thru.

WWW   IP Logged
Tony from tdot

Calling all Toronto
savage riders!

Toronto, Canada
Reply #4 - 01/08/15 at 16:44:07

thanks verslagen, thats what I was looking for.

Ive seen many videos where they were on different sides, so it could possibly be a problem for some people

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #5 - 01/09/15 at 02:42:17

Tony from tdot wrote on 01/08/15 at 16:44:07:
thanks verslagen, thats what I was looking for.

Ive seen many videos where they were on different sides, so it could possibly be a problem for some people

Sorry, Tony, when I got mine the tubes were already on it. I didn't really know they would even come off.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 01/09/15 at 03:47:44

Most likely the turn signals you bought don't have the running lights.  The speedometer lights are not powered from the turn signal.....the turn signal is powered by the same wire that lights up the speedometer (running lights).

You just need to hook up the ground and turn signal wire to your LED's, the wire for the running lights will no longer be connected to anything.  You can use it to power your I-Phone charger.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 19:09:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › feed tube for raptor, and front turn signals

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.