Ryca Videos (Read 220 times)
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Ryca Videos
01/01/15 at 18:19:28

How do I get to the Ryca Video that will show me how to remove the front pegs?

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Ryca Videos
Reply #1 - 01/01/15 at 18:33:01

Go to their website....or Youtube.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #2 - 01/01/15 at 19:31:41

Dave,

I had trouble finding "Resources", below is the link.

http://www.rycamotors.com/resources/index.html

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/02/15 at 03:53:19

The RYCA site has a video for the teardpwn of the S40.....they touch on the removal of the shift and brake linkage.  The removal of the foot pegs is removing 2 bolts that are also motor mounts and go clear through the engine....you will need wrenches on both sides to loosen these bolts.  There is also one bolt on the inside of the frame on the right side to help support the kick stand.  When you remove these bolts be aware that the engine can begin to weep oil, as the pressure on the engine case is removed when the bolts are loosened.  It is best to either drain the oil form the engine - or put another bolt through the engine mounts and tighten them up to keep the oil from leaking.

You may want to buy or download the Clymer manual......it provides information on removing and installing pieces of the bike and is helpful if you are going to be doing your own work.

Here is the RYCA Youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6ZwiYr_w4&feature=youtu.be

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #4 - 01/02/15 at 13:39:08

Dave,

Thanks for the link. I did purchase the Clymers, but it is disappointing compared to most of the manuals that I have.

I looked at the exploded drawing on Ron Ayres sight and figured out how to remove the bent peg on the gear shift side.

I got hit in the ass end the other day by a 32 Ford Roadster with a 600 horsepower Corvette engine at a stop sign. He catapaulted me through the intersection and luckily I din't get hit be cross traffic, but I did lose control of the bike and broke the clutch lever. The peg got bent and the rear turn signal got broken off.

I am wondering what after market turn signal looks similar to the stock turn signals?

I guess I should have a professional look at the rear wheel for damage?

Kenny G

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 01/02/15 at 14:01:46

If you got hit that hard, look at the rear engine mount.
check the four allen head bolts to the frame.
check the swingarm, maybe bent.

If your fender was involved, most likely the upper frame is bent and your fender won't sit straight.

WWW   IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #6 - 01/02/15 at 15:08:46

Thank You Verslagen

The 32 ford just had a straight chrome tube about an inch in diameter for a front bumper, a piece of it did end up between my fender and the tire. There is no external damage to the fender.

I always sit a stop signs and traffic lights with both feet on the ground and do not engage the brakes unless I am sitting on a slope. I cannot see any evidence of the rear wheel being out of round or damaged.

I have a peg and clutch lever ordered from a nearby dealer. I am epoxing the turn signal for the time being as I don't want to spend $79.00 for a lousy turn signal.

I have a friend that is the service manager at a nearby Suzuli dealer and I am going to have him checkout the frame, swing arm, and rear wheel after I can ride the bike again. I did manage to ride it home from the accident scene, but it is hard to ride with no place for my left foot.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Skiprrdog
YaBB Newbies

are we there yet?

Tucson, AZ
Reply #7 - 01/04/15 at 17:36:13

Man oh man... catapulted into traffic. Hopefully you lawyered up already, get the guy that hit you to pay for repairs, and maybe a couple of new Suzuki's Wink

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day; Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #8 - 01/04/15 at 22:24:53

Skip,

I live in a gated community for active adults 55 and over and most of us are closer to 75, so suing is not as easy as it might be some places. Chances are the sumbitch will be dead before we get into court.

Hopefully he mans up before I have to resort to getting the money out of him the hard way.

I ordered a new peg, and some of the mounting hardware, and a clutch lever and it was over $100.00 with the tax. I super glued and then epoxied the turn signal back together for the time being. I would like to get after market turn signals, that look some what like the factory turn signals, but have not yet found anything suitable. I hate to pay $79.00 for a POS Suzuki turn signal.

I am surprised at how little damage is apparent at this time. As soon as I get the peg and clutch lever, and install them I will take it for a shakedown cruise. I have a friend that is the service manager at a local Suzuki dealer who will check the S40 out for further damage.

I have my fingers crossed that nothing is damaged that I can't fix myself because I don't want the darned thing sitting for months.

For what it is worth, when Eddie Fisher the Triumph dealer taught me to ride 60 some years ago he pounded into my thick head to never sit at an intersection with the front brake on because an ass end collision will throw the bike and rider end over end and probably kill the rider. It took a long time for me to take advantage of his knowledge.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #9 - 01/08/15 at 17:52:42

My replacement parts came in today and I installed the left front peg and the clutch lever without any difficulty. I did miss ordering the little chrome cover over the Allen bolt that the peg pivots on.

I wonder if I can buy the chrome thingy anyplace besides ordering from the dealer?

It was only 30 degrees here this afternoon, but I did a test drive to see if I had any issues from the recent mishap. I had a vibration, humming, buzzing, noise coming from the left front of the motor. the noise only occurred under light acceleration. I went for a ride and after going over a washboard section of roadway the noise lessened. So I am thinking that since I am getting near 500 miles on the odometer I will go ahead and do the 600 mile bolt and nut check.

I think the rear wheel, swing arm and frame may be undamaged since the S40 tracks so well. On a smooth road I can take my hands off of the handlebars at 40 MPH and remain tracking in a straight line. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I lucked out.

The super glue and 5 Minute Epoxy repair held on the turn signal repair and it is unnoticeable. When the epoxy turns yellow from light exposure I will be looking to replace  the plastic turn signals with some made from aluminum.
Although the buzzing vibration noise is reduced to almost zero if anyone has any thoughts on the vibration noise I would appreciate hearing about it.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Philmh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 01/11/15 at 11:39:44

KennyG.  I'll be modding my bike here soon.  Its a '99.  

I really won't have any use for the rear half of the bike and will be looking to get rid of all of it.  Part of that is my rear turn signals.  I can sell them to you if you are interested.  PM me and we can chat.  They are in mint condition coming off a bike with only 6500 miles on it.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #11 - 01/15/15 at 17:26:37

The weather has improved today in North Texas, the sun was out.

I got to ride the S40 today and the "buzzing noise" from the front of the motor may be coming from the front of the gas tank resting on the frame.

I haven't had time to look through Clymer's Manual, but it appears that there may be a fastener missing at the front of the tank. I can easily lift the front of the tank straight up and there is now a spot on the frame where the paint has rubbed off.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 01/16/15 at 03:42:09

The front of the tank is supposed to be mounted on some rubber pads that slip over metal studs.

Ignore the nut and washer....this is the only photo I have of the tank mount.  Your frame will just have a black stud that the rubber mounts on.

IMG_0856.JPG

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #13 - 01/16/15 at 07:14:36

Dave,

Thank You Very Much

Looking at the pic you sent it looks like there is at least some lateral adjustment on the rubber pads. I guess if the pads are snug enough they will stop vertical movement also.

I want to order the Raptor Petcock at the end of the month and then I will pull the tank and see if I can adjust the pads to take the sideways movement out of the tank.

The Clymer manual is really poor at addressing issues like this so I would be lost without this forum.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 01/16/15 at 07:23:32

Kenny G wrote on 01/16/15 at 07:14:36:
Looking at the pic you sent it looks like there is at least some lateral adjustment on the rubber pads. I guess if the pads are snug enough they will stop vertical movement also.

No....you will not have any of the shiny metal stuff.  No nuts or washers on your stock bike, and no adjustments.  That photo is from my bike and shows the mount I had to build to mount the GT380/550 tank....that is the only photo I have of the tank mounts, and yours will use the same rubber bumpers but will not have the same metal attachments.

The stock mounts and rubber pads fit snugly, and don't allow very much movement.  When mounting the tank the rubber offers some resistance and you have to push a bit to slide tank mounts over the rubber bumpers.

Went and found a photo....yours will look like this:
(Trivial Pursuit.....Whose bike is in this photo?)

Tank_Mount.JPG

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:21:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ryca Videos

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.