Send Topic Print
street art (Read 62 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

street art
12/12/14 at 02:56:03

Kinda slow in here with most peoples bikes parked for the winter. So, off topic , but if you have the time and want to see some really cool art, check this out...
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/travel/gallery/street-art-optical-illusions/ind...

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: street art
Reply #1 - 12/12/14 at 05:11:18

Those guys are really amazing, thanks for the link.  I enjoyed viewing them.  And you are right about this being a slow time on motorcycle forums, I wonder if it was this slow last year.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #2 - 12/12/14 at 08:02:05

You would think with kickstands down the forum would be busier, tbh, 'omg can't ride gotta talk bikes'

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #3 - 12/12/14 at 13:58:22

I'm still riding.  Not as much but with temps in the low 30's or upper 20's at night and 50's during the day, it's not too bad.

Gotta get a few miles a week at least. Warm it up and get the oil flowing. Keep the crap gas moving through the carb so it doesn't gel and cause problems.

I've often wondered why the forums get quieter in winter too.  Seems like sitting at home would lead to more talking since you can't ride.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 12/12/14 at 14:09:26

Simple, the guys that aren't riding are out drinking (wishing they were riding)
the guys that are riding are keeping quiet to avoid beer bottles from getting tossed at them.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 12/12/14 at 14:30:47

verslagen1 wrote on 12/12/14 at 14:09:26:
Simple, the guys that aren't riding are out drinking (wishing they were riding)
the guys that are riding are keeping quiet to avoid beer bottles from getting tossed at them.

Well.... (ducking) I'm still riding.... and will be all winter... unless this dang town does not shut of the median water sprinklers again.
When it gets colder the town usually shuts off the median sprinklers on the local four lane street that goes through town, but a couple of years straight they did not... leading to a few frozen mornings going to work and almost loosing it on ice, because of the water from the sprinklers.
I heard talk of a law suit against the town because of a few accidents.... don't know if that was true... but on freezing mornings I would take a different route to work...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 12/12/14 at 18:01:21

Does it count that I almost rode tonight?

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 12/15/14 at 09:20:11

I rode the little Honda S65 up to the license bureau to be inspected Saturday morning.....43 degrees and 35 mph.

On Sunday drained out the E10 pump gas and I rode the Honda ST1100 to get the Avgas in the carbs for the winter slumber.....another 40 degree ride at 50 mph.

It will be 50 degrees today, rain moves in tonight, colder temps and snow by Friday - winter most likely is going to come back for Christmas.  I am sneaking in an occasional short ride when I can - but I think the end for the riding is imminent.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 12:23:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › street art

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.