Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Newbie and looking to buy advice.. (Read 373 times)
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Newbie and looking to buy advice..
Reply #30 - 12/15/14 at 14:51:04

wakosama wrote on 12/13/14 at 14:12:06:
Thanks all.  I can see there's some humor on this forum.  Good, and I'm still looking, even at dealer bikes.  Prices get out of my range the newer and lower mileage the bikes get of course. anyway,

Hondalavis...  I emailed about the $1550 Red 97 Savage.  Response:

"The bike is running fine no problem at all,22,379 miles, tittle in my name"

seems like more mileage than a trouble free bike would have, but I may go see it.  just lack the time to take on another 'project'.  

thanks.

I got a 2012 S40 new around March 20th of 2013. I just completed an oil change yesterday at 22,654 and I expect to get the 25k mile award by the end on January as this is my primary commuter vehicle.

I have the Versy tensioner, new sealed battery, original spark plug, original rear brake shoes, first new rear tire (Metz 880)and first new front tire(Dunlop whatever, couldn't wait for a metz). I put new oil through it about every 2,000 miles and have only had to replace a few screws/bolts that I dropped into oblivion. I have yet to have a bulb burn out, all original lamps.

Fortunate to have no dents or scratches but the exhaust is blued down to the foot peg. I gave up on removing the blue a year ago  Grin

My goal is to get to 100,000 miles before the loan is paid off.

28 miles 1-way to work, 90% freeway miles. When does that cam chain need replacing again?  Wink

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 12/16/14 at 03:41:03

DaneAllen:

You need to replace the cam chain a few miles before it breaks!  Your actual mileage may vary.

Your Welcome.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #32 - 12/16/14 at 17:37:35

Dave wrote on 12/16/14 at 03:41:03:
DaneAllen:

You need to replace the cam chain a few miles before it breaks!  Your actual mileage may vary.

Your Welcome.

Dave

Is there a indicator light for that?  Grin

Oh, and I had to replace the clutch cable, it loosened up over time and after work one day I went to tighten it and there were about 3 strands of wire still attached to the handle. Used the clutch a total of 6 time over 28 miles that night.  Shocked

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 12/16/14 at 19:13:16

I rarely used the clutch once I had made it to second... from there up,just off the gas and up a gear, down just needs a little goose and a step down on the lever, as soon as that sweet spot,not accelerating or decelerating,is hit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:57:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie and looking to buy advice..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.