Send Topic Print
I wish I was you! (Read 75 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

I wish I was you!
12/03/14 at 15:48:04

This has been my day!  It's ice cold here in the North West and where I live, the wind has been gusting up to 50 to 60 mph. Last week we had a gust hit 92mph. My brother and I decided to go to the store.  Well, my brother opened  my car  door and it was ripped from his hand and the door hinges ripped from the frame so the door was hangin and would not close. On the way home, my serpentine  belt broke and every light on the dashboard came on and it died and would not start. We had to walk about three miles to the house and call a tow truck. Power was going off and on so I decided to hard boil some eggs to eat if it went out for any length of time. My neighbor called and said I had a tree come down across his fence line and wiped out his fence and damaged his small trailer he used to haul farming equipment. The power went out again and I decided to go lay down for  a while and forget the day happened. While laying down, the power came back on and the pan the eggs were boiling in which I forgot to check before lying down, ran out of water and the eggs exploded. All 8 of them. Covered every inch of the kitchen. Every little crevice, every appliance, the walls, ceiling and floor. I even found egg in the living room. Now here is the worst part!  No power again. I went to sit on the ice cold toilet seat and with no lights    I was unaware that my toilet had backed up almost to the rim. Most likely because of a frozen sewer pipe. And then I flushed. That alone will give me nightmares for a long time. And it's only 4PM!   Angry

IP Logged
AlfromNH
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: I wish I was you!
Reply #1 - 12/03/14 at 16:38:44

well, on the bright side, it can't get much worse.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 12/03/14 at 17:03:12

It's like you're living in a tragic sit-com... Huh...

Sorry for your troubles,... but, it does make for a great story... Smiley... (especially the egg part)... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #3 - 12/03/14 at 18:00:41

I lived in Mt. Vernon from 74' through 96' and then in Spokane through 01'. In Southern California now and have no idea how to add anything remotely soothing to you in this thread. You just gotta make it to April and out-survive the unfortunate souls trapped in the greater Minnesota/Michigan/Dakotas region.

On a side note, can you park the car near the fallen tree and claim that the tree fell on the door at the same time it damaged the sewer system, neighbor's property, etc., thus claiming an act of God on the insurance reimbursement forms?  Wink

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 12/04/14 at 16:54:13

You still alive, Stinger?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #5 - 12/05/14 at 05:05:35

HOLY COW!!!!  Talk about having a bad day, Stinger so sorry man, go buy a lottery ticket you are definitely due!

Sending some good MoJo your way  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:16:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › I wish I was you!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.