Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ryca Clutch Mod? (Read 160 times)
Philmh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ryca Clutch Mod?
12/02/14 at 12:13:30

Here we go again.... Another question for the Savage Vets helping a new wrench turner build his.

Wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to check out the clutch mod on the Ryca website and if anyone has done the mod?

My other bikes don't require a clutch to start and to just be in neutral.  Would love it if my Savage was the same.

The mod seems pretty easy to someone with no experience with a bikes electrical system...... Until a first timer is trying to identify the proper wiring and plugs.  

Any advice on this mod is warmly welcome, and any pictures of the specific plug or a step by step would be a bonus!!

http://rycamotors.com/instructional/wiring&templates/clutch-mod-wiring.gif

Advance thanks and a hearty cheers to all who take the time to moderate, read, and answer any, and all questions to make a new guy like me feel like no questions are dumb and to walk me through what may seem to be easy, if not simple concepts, ideas, and techniques.  It is people like you who help people like me continue a fix-it/mod it/build it culture and without you I could not possibly achieve this.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Ryca Clutch Mod?
Reply #1 - 12/02/14 at 12:27:14

Here is the link to the previous discussion on it...found the link by doing a Google Search. (Google search works well for this forum).
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1351188539

Seems that most of us just aren't all that concerned about removing the safeties altogether.  (Mine has the clutch and sidestand safety switches removed...and I have a manual Raptor petcock).  I like doing things for myself.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Philmh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/02/14 at 13:39:32

Dave,

THANKS!

I tried the search using the search box instead of the Google search box on the site.  I assume this is what you used.

The diagram is all well and good..... its the same one from the Ryca website..... and so is all of the info from people who did the mod, but what would be even better is a weigh in from someone who has done it with pics of the actual wiring.  I can't make heads or tails or the wiring I'm finding.  It is stock.  Perhaps a wiring "Primer for idiots".  Perhaps I am not even looking in the right place.  I have the tank, seat, head cover (not necessary), and side covers off.  Looking at all the wiring is daunting, let alone finding a plug and cutting it without assurance I am cutting the right one.  

Additional pics are needed..... readers, please clarify with images of actual connections!  

Thanks!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 12/02/14 at 14:11:21

The CaseyLA that posted that other thread....is the CA part of RYCA.

Don't use the little search icon in the top right side of the page....it doesn't seem to find much of anything.  There is a search <<tab>> in the center of the page that opens a search page....in that one you have to enter the number you want displayed, the section to search, the time period, etc. and it works pretty well.  Google works almost as well.

Yep, the wiring cab be a bit intimidating.  This is a good reference for where to find things.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099317926

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 12/02/14 at 14:58:04

I added the location of the connectors and a little pic.

clutch-mod-wiring.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
Philmh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/03/14 at 20:01:11

Awesome info.  Thanks all for the links and clarification pics.

Does anyone know if I was to mod this and not have the white connector connected to the indicator lights (the tank connector) like the Ryca build, will this still work as expected or do I have to do something special to the plug like shunting it or something?

It seems like it will work without the connections and it seems like a dumb question because they are discussing it on the Ryca site but I want to make sure before I cut.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 12/04/14 at 05:26:33

Philmh wrote on 12/03/14 at 20:01:11:
It seems like it will work without the connections and it seems like a dumb question because they are discussing it on the Ryca site but I want to make sure before I cut.

The RYCA site?  Do they have a forum or discussion area?  I have never seen reference to one on their website.

IP Logged
Philmh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/04/14 at 07:09:29

Dave.

I should clarify discussing.  My apologies.  There is mention of it if I recall in a build manual and there is the diagram.  That's it really.  No forums, no build FAQs.  Nothing really.  So no discussing.  Just mention of hence my attempt at asking for help to figure out what I need to do.

On a positive note, the links, images, and clarifying diagram helped me make sense of my electronics.  I found the wires and connections mentioned.  Now to figure out which wires!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:28:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ryca Clutch Mod?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.