Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wtb A More Comfortable Seat (Read 170 times)
Iceman4193

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wtb A More Comfortable Seat
11/19/14 at 09:45:48

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a seat that is a little more comfortable than the stock one. I take this bike to work which is about an hour drive and, while the stock one ain't bad, I was looking for one that is perhaps a little wider and preferably has a driver backrest.
I'm a bit new to this so I was hoping for some information on how to tell if a seat will fit. I know they have the gel seat available but it is a little expensive for me and I find Harley seats on Craigslist all the time for under 100, I'm just not sure if I can get them to fit.

Thanks for any advice given!

IP Logged
Iceman4193

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Wtb A More Comfortable Seat
Reply #1 - 11/19/14 at 10:46:39

I found this for 20 bucks off of a yamaha vstar. It is just what u am looking for, any ideas if it will fit? He lives an hour away so I would rather double check before driving there lol

00y0y_9Tm3tnd94sR_600x450.jpg
  IP Logged
Iceman4193

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/19/14 at 10:47:58

Another picture.

00303_622B1dYhYt8_600x450.jpg
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #3 - 11/19/14 at 12:07:15

I'm pretty sure my seat came off a V-Star, but it is a single seat without the passenger part on the back. It was not a direct swap, but I made it fit. It wasn't to hard to do, just had to make a bracket out of a piece of metal, drill a couple of holes, that's about it. It is bigger than the stock seat, that was what I was going for. Is it more comfortable? UH, I really don't know.

You can see my seat here. I can't find the thread this was in, so I'll just put the picture back up.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Iceman4193

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/19/14 at 13:55:35

Awesome dude, ya I'm pretty tall and I am still looking for a beach bar to replace those stupid buckhorn bars. So I slouch a but which is why I want the back rest

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 11/25/14 at 13:23:55

Is that the Suzuki shield I see there? how is it at blocking wind? I have a spitfire on my other bike, and find it inadequate
sorry for the threadjack

IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #6 - 11/25/14 at 13:38:21

Looks like a Memphis shades wind screen. I have one as well. They are very nice at keeping the wind at bay.

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #7 - 11/25/14 at 14:15:01

Thanks HondaLavis, what model? I think folks helped me with this before, but I have a bad memory lol

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #8 - 12/01/14 at 03:02:40

Art Webb I think it is "Showchrome Accessories" over the headlight, that's all I know. It was on the bike when I bought it and it was a lot taller. The Bike fell over on a trailer once and cracked the windshield, so I took my dremel and rounded it off as best I could. Right in front of the handgrip on this side was a not so round crack,but I just went with it. Unless you are really looking for the differences, I think I did a pretty good job. All of that to say I really know nothing about the windshield.

To answer your question, it does a good job of blocking the wind off, keeps it off my chest, and lets about the right amount up to my head. Not enough to make me feel like I am buffeted of anything, but enough to know I am riding a motorcycle.

Sorry, I don;t know more.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #9 - 12/01/14 at 21:41:59

Thanks for the info, I will eventually get the right setup lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print