Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saddlebag set-up to share (Read 49 times)
rijopiatt

Columbia City, Indiana
Saddlebag set-up to share
11/12/14 at 09:17:03

I just installed new saddlebags from The Leatherworks and wanted to give others an idea of an alternative bag installation:

I removed the stock tail lights and installed a "relocation kit" purchased from Drag Specialties and dual element, all metal bullet lights I purchased on Ebay. Later I discovered the same lights/parts can be purchased at the HD dealership, as they are used on Sportsters. BTW, the lights are turn signals AND tail lights.

I wanted to use Easy Brackets quick release system for the bags, but there isn't a unit sized for an S40's fender bracket bolt spacing. It would require drilling thru the chrome bracket which I preferred not to do. Consequently, I drilled thru the fender at the stock tail light hole in the bracket. I fabricated a stand-out from 1 1/4" stainless steel bar stock and used the hardware you see above. The upper assembly is an Easy Bracket's docking post.

Installed. BTW, I used a chrome spacer to fill the large diameter hole in the fender bracket.

Bag installed. Note key lock. Bracket is bolted thru the back of the bag.

The finished product!

FYI- My other bags are listed on Ebay as "Suzuki S40 saddlebags". I couldn't get the photos to download on Café ( ???). Check em out.

2012 S40 w/12,000 miles: drag bars with bar end weights, raised seat, Raptor petcock.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:30:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddlebag set-up to share

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.