Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
WOOT Prez Obama does something RIGHT! (Read 284 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: WOOT Prez Obama does something RIGHT!
Reply #45 - 11/14/14 at 11:11:20

Ive thot more about this.. I am certain this is gonna be bad for Us.. The net is HATED by TPTB,

C&P from a post I made in a forum

And NOW the jerk wants US to believe HE is gonna Saaaayve us from The EEeevil internet providers by giving us Goob "protection" over services and costs under the NAME of Net Neutrality..

Uh Huhh,, I can see how this is gonna go. TPTB HATE with passion immeasurable the Fact that the Net allows US a way to communicate and unite for a cause and scream bloody murder when TPTB are stpeping on toes..
You dont believe it has worked to accomplish that?
Cliven Bundy's son wanted to fly. He and his daughter were Screened", till they missed their flight,, which meant they missed the family meeting they were going to, so, he went home,, BUT, he thot that Since he had been labeled a turrist, he decided he would see if he could still buy a gun,, Sooo,, he stopped in and Tried to. Noperz,, Mr. Bundy, YOU, sir, are on the "You cant buy a gun" list..

SOOO,, he went on home and posted the facts online.. In a matter of HOURS the FBI called him and told him he was cleared to buy a gun, now..

WHY? Because his complaint was acted on by a BUNCH of people and they Lit UP the phone lines,, and this was reported to have been on a weekend.. You doubt it? RESEARCH it and show me,, If Im wrong, hey, unlike some people,, I CAN admit it.. Im looking forward to finding out the report I heard was inaccurate..

Ive heard some "In POwer",, cant recall names or dates, but the general tone of it was

The internet was a mistake..

Anyone believing the same bunch who has brought us lies, ruin and closing coal plants down, raising electric bills,, all the steps I see are steps to Decrease OUR power, increase Their control.
This is Not a benevolent government. It IS tyrannical,, and, unless we change the way we deal with it, iyts gonna continue..
SO,, Pray,, pray For OUr Leadership, that their hearts be changed,, That THEY turn away from seeking selfishly,, and Become public servants,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #46 - 11/14/14 at 14:32:32

OK this seems to have about run out of steam... i have been very vocal.. probably too vocal. I apologise if I can across as holier that thou on this subject.. but tis near and dear to me.. and it is something I have been following for many many years.

So prediction time!!
I predict that Obama after having said his piece .. is done with it. There will be no EO for Title II.

Further I predict that Title II will NOT become the law of the land. Before you jump for glee, understand the current status of the network cannot and will not continue. To date the net has been quasi-government(via universities) .. it will become private. As such (which is what the courts told Verizon) private corps will clamp down on thier parts of the net. Netflix, and hulu will go away or will be bought up (in name only) by ISP's and thier model will change to be like UltraViolet. TV cable will continue to diminish and most "entertaiment" will be via pay-per-view style over the net. General cost will go down, but to actually get any content you will have to pay extreme amounts of money.. to the ISP or (sometimes in a round about way). Speeds will continue to flounder as the private monopoly that exists will be more powerful than any other entity including govrnment. Afterall, you can have all the "free speech" you want as long as you pay US (ISP) to have anyone hear it.
Welcome to ComCast land .. try the green pill...... or else.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #47 - 11/14/14 at 18:05:23

Here's a rhetorical question, well sort of.  When was the last time either party passed a compressive bill that was done for the right reasons, without earmarks, and excluded special interest groups?  I can't think of one.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #48 - 11/17/14 at 14:10:30

pg wrote on 11/14/14 at 18:05:23:
Here's a rhetorical question, well sort of.  When was the last time either party passed a compressive bill that was done for the right reasons, without earmarks, and excluded special interest groups?  I can't think of one.  

Seward's Folly.. the purchase of Alaska for ~$.02/acre seems to match that pretty well...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #49 - 11/17/14 at 16:27:26

Actually, that is an excellent example.  Although, the purchase occurred nearly 150 years ago.   Huh  

Do you still have that v-star?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #50 - 11/17/14 at 20:36:23

I keep hearing more and seeing it as a worse and worse thing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #51 - 11/19/14 at 21:05:10

There is no sense worrying about it.  Dow Chemical made sure we all live better through chemical enhancements to include a love  canal.  Can't beat that with a stick.  Please stop regulating the investment banks so we can leverage our money and cause a world wide financial meltdown (but a few hundred made billions).  Oh wait, you think the only the companies are evil.  Good heavens, the church says if your gay you are evil.  Another church says if you don't kill the nonbelievers you will go to hell; kill 'm and you get a lot of virgins.  Oh no, it isn't only the Church, the third leg is the government which has run wars big and small the entirety of my life and will do so till the really " big" one.  The guys at the top sell us shite and then ask us to smile so we can check on how white our teeth can be.  Give me a good motorcycle  and a naughty woman - the rest is all B.S.  Oh all right, through in a good Porterhouse also, thank you. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #52 - 11/21/14 at 14:03:39

pg wrote on 11/17/14 at 16:27:26:
Actually, that is an excellent example.  Although, the purchase occurred nearly 150 years ago.   Huh  

Do you still have that v-star?

yep.. just spent near a grand to get it going again... so what was that about Yamaha quality? got it fixed just in time for the cold to move it... dabnab it...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #53 - 11/21/14 at 15:11:09

Sorry to here that, that particular model is supposed to be extremely reliable as well.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #54 - 11/26/14 at 13:11:58

so well I had forgotten about this OLD video.  Note that date is back in May of 2014 .. and is well before Obama said anything about Title II.  The video was really posted about Comcast and TW .. but it does speak to Title II:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxMyTwmu_M

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:11:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › WOOT Prez Obama does something RIGHT!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.