Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Air mixture screw (Read 41 times)
corey v84

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Air mixture screw
11/09/14 at 22:05:43

well guys I put my Bcb drag pipe on and was playing with the air fuel screw.I backed it out to far and fell going down the rode..this is funny, I used one of my ear plugs and stuck it I the hole..bike runs great now!! No more backfire and is super smooth..my question is of I make some kinda plug for it and leave it out will it hurt my bike later down the road?? I rode 40 miles home and it never missed a beat!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Air mixture screw
Reply #1 - 11/09/14 at 23:34:15

Well, seeing as you ear plug is either rubber or foam, it will eventually melt and fall apart.
Just order a new air screw...they don't cost much... or go to your local dealer, they might have one in stock.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Air mixture screw
Reply #2 - 11/10/14 at 03:09:04

The reason the bike no longer backfires....is there is nothing to limit the flow of fuel other then the size of the hole...and your bike is running too rich.  You fuel mileage is going to be low.

You should get a replacement screw, then it if requires you to open up the mixture screw more than 3 turns to get the idle mixture correct, you should bump up the size of the pilot jet.  (It is a fuel screw on this carb....not an air screw).

This is the proper way to adjust your idle fuel screw.  Pay attention to the explanation of how to size the Pilot Jet.  If the best mixture (speed) is obtained less than 1 turn out - you need a smaller pilot jet.  If your best mixture (speed) is obtained at more than 3 turns...you need a larger pilot jet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5mB3R8Ucw

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/12/24 at 14:38:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Air mixture screw

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.