daltmyer920
YaBB Newbies

awesome site! love
the bike

Houston TX
Re: Raask exhaust system
Reply #15 - 11/10/14 at 06:31:50

I just read previous post again says just the baffle plate. Thanks

versy mod,dyna, pod air filter, 152.5main 52.5 pilot. 2001, 18,XXX miles $800 Smiley hopefully purchasing ryca kit after having the bike for a year or so
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 11/10/14 at 06:43:45

daltmyer920 wrote on 11/10/14 at 05:30:41:
Will I need to drill this hole through entire baffle? And also should I be able to see through the muffler as is stock?

Nope....if you look into either end, you should see a metal pipe with some holes in the sides, and a metal plate located about halfway up the muffler.  It is that metal plate that you drill a hole in....if you are looking for a louder sound.  The metal plate forces the exhaust to flow into the outer shell, and if  you drill a hole in that plate it allows the exhaust to pass straight through without passing through the outer shell.  The smaller the hole that less noise you will make......too big a hole and you have turned the muffler into a straight pipe.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
daltmyer920
YaBB Newbies

awesome site! love
the bike

Houston TX
Reply #17 - 11/10/14 at 07:21:05

Makes perfect sense! Waiting for new battery to come in and I'll test holes and start with 1/4" as suggested. Y'all are awesome can't get enough of this forum. Y'all are very helpful to us new guys that don't know much about motorcycles

versy mod,dyna, pod air filter, 152.5main 52.5 pilot. 2001, 18,XXX miles $800 Smiley hopefully purchasing ryca kit after having the bike for a year or so
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:32:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raask exhaust system

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.